English Bull Terriers.....

{97702}

Visit site
If I was ever to be tempted away from greyhounds, I would love to have an EBT :) I strongly suspect the answer will be 'no' but would an adult EBT cope with being left while I am at work? It would be approx 8-5.30pm but obviously I have a dog sitter who comes every lunchtime to give them hugs and let the dogs out :)

Any info from EBT owners would be much appreciated :)

yhanni

Visit site
I have had two EBTs, so by no means an expert. The one I used to have, Myrtle, was a much more placid individual than Jessie who is my latest acquisition. I have never kept just one dog though so I don't know how they would be if they were alone. If they have a good leg stretch, they then seem to be content to be left for periods of time, especially if you have a dog sitter. They are a completely different proposition to any other breed of dog that I've ever had though so do your homework!!!

Clodagh

Visit site
Pigheaded, stubborn and infuriating. As untrainable as a greyhound - it can sort of be done, but they are still terriers at the end of the day. I love them, my m-in-law always used to have them. I can't tell you if they are couch potatoes as m-in-laws were out with her all day and huting rats for hours was their favourite past time.

{97702}

Visit site
Well that's more hopeful than I'd imagined, thank you �� The EBT definitely wouldn't be an only dog, I couldn't imagine life with only one dog lol, which raises the other question about whether they would get on with greyhounds ����

Clodagh

Visit site
M-in-laws were very good natured with everyone. TBF if another dog started a fight they weren't going to walk away but we have endless dogs coming and going here at the farm and they loved them all. They will make you laugh every day, when you don't want to beat them. The miniature ones apparently have a lot of health problems.

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
How funny - husband and I were talking about this at the weekend as we would both love one. It's disappointing to hear as I was hoping that an EBT might be easier than greyhounds and lurchers!!! They're still lovely though and I suspect we might find space for one somewhere.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Lévrier;13390773 said:
Well that's more hopeful than I'd imagined, thank you �� The EBT definitely wouldn't be an only dog, I couldn't imagine life with only one dog lol, which raises the other question about whether they would get on with greyhounds ����

My friend has one. She also has 4 saluki and whippet type lurchers as well as greyhounds who visit on a regular basis. They all get on fine. I know she would be happy to talk to you about it. Give me a shout if you want me to put you in touch

{97702}

Visit site
How funny - husband and I were talking about this at the weekend as we would both love one. It's disappointing to hear as I was hoping that an EBT might be easier than greyhounds and lurchers!!! They're still lovely though and I suspect we might find space for one somewhere.

I had the impression that they weren't easy - you go first swirlymurphy so I can see if it works? :D :D

{97702}

Visit site
My friend has one. She also has 4 saluki and whippet type lurchers as well as greyhounds who visit on a regular basis. They all get on fine. I know she would be happy to talk to you about it. Give me a shout if you want me to put you in touch

That would be great FrankieCob - I'm only fact finding at the moment, it wouldn't be for a while yet, but any info would be appreciated:)