english saddlers

Echo Bravo

Visit site
After 1 broken clip on leadrope 2 broken clips on 2 lunge lines and 1 broken headcollar trying to load my youngster into trailer at the vets (he'd had a op for a retained testicle). He found out if he reared the clips just broke:( It took 1h and 20 mins to finally load him, so can anyone recommend a decent English saddlers that make their own stuff and not the Chinese rubbish.:(

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
We can and do make our own items but people don't like paying for our it.
For instance, a solid brass swage headcoller buckle that would have cost me 84p a few years ago now is £3.50 plus postage, we have to pass the costs on to you.
Because Asia in general is buying up all the raw materials for our metalwork fittings what is left is exceptionally expensive, therefore the foundries over here pass the costs onto us in the trade, we have to pass that cost on to you so everyone buys Chinese made as it's cheaper but as you have found out, you get what you pay for, Oz (Saddler)

Echo Bravo

Visit site
I would gladly buy good quality English leather head collars and lead ropes, I bought a heavy duty lead rope over 20 years ago and it lasted nearly that long and the only thing left is the brass clip and I had put it on one of the lunge lines that I used today the line snapped but the brass clip stayed strong. So if you can PM me I would love to buy from you the only reason I have bought said rubbish is as you say it's the only thing in the Equine shops. :(