Equestrian clothing brands?

lucky7

Visit site
Anyne ele find equestrian wear comes up on the small side?
I am tall and have quite long arms and legs, i am a UK 10 - 12 on the high street. I always buy a 12 and it always fit fine, i even find jackets and coats and blazers all fit perfectly in the sleeve lengths etc.
So, why is it that every show jacket i try the sleeves are half way up my arm, same with sweatshirts and the t shirts i have to get a 14 and these are still a little snug and always short in the body :/
There are loads of lovely equestrian wear that i really like such as eskadron, euro star etc but its bloody tiny!! I bought a lovely euro star padded puffa type jacket and the sleeves are too short. I also have a harry hall wax jacket in a uk 12 and its bloody tiny
I know i can go to sports direct and get t shirts etc but i really do like the equestrian ranges and the colours etc......is it just me?!!

eggs

Visit site
I'm 5'8" and a size 10-12 but have never noticed this problem. Mind you it is quite some years since I last bought a competition jacket - certainly long before the new SJ jackets came to market - so it could be the patterns have changed in the intervening years.

KVH

Visit site
I'm afraid I'm the opposite, I'm fed up with everything coming up on the large side. Even the size 6/XS drowns me, it's very frustrating..!

huskydamage

Visit site
Duno about equestrian but i have long since accepted that I am a long armed freak so all clothes are like 3/4length sleeves on me. Im 5'7 and a 10-12 but i have massive coats and jackets just because of the arms,or like at work I have to have short sleeve shirts only. Ive had to pass on some really cool jackets because the sleeves looked so stupid on me..... The tragedies of my life :))

Pie's mum

Visit site
I had great fun with breeches recently... I am a size 8. Ordered some Townend breeches, couldn't get them to do up. Went and tried some HYperformance ones same size... Couldn't even get them over my calves.... Had small meltdown, am I deluded as to my size? Have I gone up several sizes overnight? Well thank goodness the Montar breeches I ordered (in size 8) do actually fit!

HappyDayz

Visit site
I've decided I just dont fit into breeches! I'm a size 10 but have very wide hips. Happily go into most shops and buy size 10 jeans yet I struggle to do up 30" breeches, my comfy size is 32" but then the legs are far too baggy! Someone else must be a weird shape too!!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
High street clothes have been increased in size in the last 15 odd years. Not all, but most of the big chains, due mostly to the modern person being increased in size from the 60s -80s
What used to be a 12 is now a 10 etc.

The traditional long standing equestrian retailers havd not followed suit, tho some of the new comers have.

Hence the disparity in sizing

lucky7

Visit site
High street clothes have been increased in size in the last 15 odd years. Not all, but most of the big chains, due mostly to the modern person being increased in size from the 60s -80s

The traditional long standing equestrian retailers havd not followed suit, tho some of the new comers have.

Ah no!! does this mean am acyually a 14! lol

MuddyMonster

Visit site

This makes sense!

In the high street I'm a UK 6-8 in trousers (depending upon what brands) and an 8-10 on top.

I really only tend to buy breeches and coats from equine specific retailers as to be honest, I prefer the technical style sports tops (and find them much cheaper from a sports shop than I do an equine brand!). But, I definitely become a 10 in most breeches and up to 12 in denim breeches. Coats I'm usually a straight forward 10 in equestrian brands, but might go up a size if I intend on wearing layers in winter.

I can't say it bothers me if I need to go up a size from the high street - but you could always cut the label out if it does :)