Equestrian shop - best for online and/or discounts?

SpotsandBays

Visit site
“Back in the day” I would have suggested robinsons. Anybody else miss how good they used to be?!?
Horze usually have really good Black Friday sales, but as they are abroad (i think?!) returns might not be great. Kramer also but again, abroad so returns iffy.
Good luck for the future viewings! Shame the outcome for the vetted one wasn’t good, but I would also steer clear of sarcoids if it was me too.

NLPM

Visit site
Thanks - sadly it was bad news and I am sadder than I thought I would be. Actually a bit heartbroken.
Feel like i will never find anything....

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, and can imagine your disappointment. I walked away from a lovely mare a few years ago after the vet was concerned about her pasterns.
With hindsight, she probably would have been absolutely fine for the job I wanted her for and she had a super nature, but... if I had bought her, I wouldn't have found the mare I did buy who is the best horse I have ever owned (and, the way my savings seem to be vanishing, is probably the best I will ever own).

I hope you have a similar outcome - enjoy the viewings this week and hopefully one of those will be 'the one'!

Last edited:

NLPM

Visit site
“Back in the day” I would have suggested robinsons. Anybody else miss how good they used to be?!?
Horze usually have really good Black Friday sales, but as they are abroad (i think?!) returns might not be great. Kramer also but again, abroad so returns iffy.

Yes! A Saturday trip to Robinsons used to be such a treat when we were kids! It really did go downhill sadly. I haven't bought from there for years, even before the acquisition.

Horze is great, and their delivery times beat some of the UK sites. It does annoy me sometimes that their frequent discount codes often don't apply to the things I want to buy... hopefully their Black Friday sales will cover everything! :)

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Yes! A Saturday trip to Robinsons used to be such a treat when we were kids! It really did go downhill sadly. I haven't bought from there for years, even before the acquisition.

Horze is great, and their delivery times beat some of the UK sites. It does annoy me sometimes that their frequent discount codes often don't apply to the things I want to buy... hopefully their Black Friday sales will cover everything! :)
Ah I never went! But always had the catalogues. The customer service back then was amazing, I remember calling up for a rug but it had sold out so purchased what they recommended. That bad boy lasted for years! I don’t purchase from there now, however if I go into sports direct they usually have a couple of horsey items on sale hidden somewhere, like brushing boots for £7 - I’ll take those ?

sarahmac77

Visit site
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, and can imagine your disappointment. I walked away from a lovely mare a few years ago after the vet was concerned about her pasterns.
With hindsight, she probably would have been absolutely fine for the job I wanted her for and she had a super nature, but... if I had bought her, I wouldn't have found the mare I did buy who is the best horse I have ever owned (and, the way my savings seem to be vanishing, is probably the best I will ever own).

I hope you have a similar outcome - enjoy the viewings this week and hopefully one of those will be 'the one'!
Yes exactly. I'm seeing four this week so fingers crossed. I'm pretty excited that it happens. It's been incredibly hard work and time consuming!