Equi-Trek lorry

Tempi

Visit site
Someone on my yard has the Endevour Elite and its a gorgeous lorry. They have stayed away in it a lot over the summer and done some really long journeys (nearly 10hrs) in it and its been fantastic.

BYR

Visit site
would be interested to see the replies to this, it seems to be a nice lorry and fairly cheap !

I know a friend that has just bought a 2nd hand one and they are very happy with it :)

popsdosh

Visit site
would be interested to see the replies to this, it seems to be a nice lorry and fairly cheap !

I know a friend that has just bought a 2nd hand one and they are very happy with it :)
They are cheap for a reason! Flimsey and poorly made .
Compare the build quality of several makes before you make your mind up ,we briefly considered one but when I stood in the back of one and could rock it from side to side decided not to.

Louby

Visit site
A friend of a friend had one, it was gorgeous to look at but she had a collection of 'parts' that had fell off it :eek:

moony_baboony

Visit site
a different type of smalll horsesboxes company gave me a leaflet at blenhiem. they are called alexanders based in york but will pick u up from the airport or trianstation though and theey are cheaper that equitrek if u gat a pre-owned chassis. i have also heard of problems with equitreks! hope this helps :)

odd1

Visit site
i have seen an Alexander's one and if i could afford one i would be getting one, the person i know with it is very very happy with it, i think they are better made than the Equitrek ones but i'm no lorry builder/mechanic;)

MiaBella

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I did find an old thread that suggested that the Isuzu chasis on the Endeavour was not the best choice. I guess they are cheap for a reason

fizzer

Visit site
We will be getting another next year and have been looking around. I found the Whittaker lorries great inside but they seemed to be the worse for rocking, i felt so sick looking around the one at Burghley I had to get out.

perfect11s

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I did find an old thread that suggested that the Isuzu chasis on the Endeavour was not the best choice. I guess they are cheap for a reason
Yes but the isuzu chassis is about the lightest so not a bad choice
if payload is paramount,, however if I was spending that sort of money I would look at a kevin parker lorry one was at a show and i had a good look round it looked very well built and on a daf which is a good chassis...

perfect11s

Visit site
We will be getting another next year and have been looking around. I found the Whittaker lorries great inside but they seemed to be the worse for rocking, i felt so sick looking around the one at Burghley I had to get out.
I think they all rock about unless you have air suspension I have on mine and the ride is awesome esp on windey or bumpy roads and you can lower the back down for loading, I would hate to go back to something on steel suspension...