Equi trek or ifor williams?

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Ok basically we are considering upgrading from our ifor williams trailer to a trailer with a bit of living space (but most definitely not a lorry)
so opinions please, which would you rather and if possible why?

Equi trek show treka (possibly star treka) or Ifor williams eventa

or even any other suggestions.

thanks in advance:)

ps if anybody could tell me how to put up an opinion poll that would be great :)

khalswitz

Visit site
Ok basically we are considering upgrading from our ifor williams trailer to a trailer with a bit of living space (but most definitely not a lorry)

ps if anybody could tell me how to put up an opinion poll that would be great :)

I know a lot of people who have had maintenance problem with the Equitreks. Personally, I'd get a IW.

khalswitz

Visit site

I know a lot of people who have had maintenance problem with the Equitreks. Personally, I'd get a IW.

Shay

Visit site
We're in the same position and have opted for the Eventa. If you search the forum for Equitrek a lot of people seem to have had problems.

Sprig

Visit site
Are you thinking of buying new or second hand? I had a second hand 5* and was very pleased with it. I think you will find that if you buy second hand the problems have surfaced and been sorted by now, as a rule.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I like the quality of IW stuff and have been most unimpressed with the Equitrek kit. Also I find my horses prefer travelling herringbone than rear-facing.

Capriole

Visit site
Haven't equi-trek sorted out their trailers by now, I thought it was just one particular time period that the trailers had problems.

Ivor williams, I wouldn't have one of the new ones, the quality has gone down the pan and the fittings seem crappy on them. One of the old models I would have, no problem, but not one of the new models.

I'd probably choose neither brand.

(eta: When I was looking at them, I was actually advised by a friend who works at a place that sells IW not to bother with the new ones, which speaks volumes to me).

Last edited:

Sprig

Visit site
I too had an IW Main Dealer tell me not to buy one of the newer ones. Speaks volumes. His point was actually a safety one in that the upper section is not sufficiently reinforced and will completely cave in in the event of an accident.