Equi Trek Trail Treka M

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
Do any of you have one?
Im going to buy a new trailer and cant decide which one to get.

I was almost definatly sure on getting a Bateson Deuville, then I rang and spoke to Ifor Williams and thought Id get a new one of those, but Ive just been looking at the Trail Treka M on the Equi Trek website and have arranged to go and look at one on Saturday, but I just wondered if any one has one and what your thoguhts are on it?

Many Thanks

BeckyD

Visit site
Hellooooo!!

I've had a good look round them and I like them - there are 2 drawbacks that I could spot:
1) They are black inside, which isn't very welcoming and could get a bit warm on a sunny day;
2) Because they are side load, you can't lead a tricky-to-load horse through and out again, and because they are so dark, they won't look very inviting to a tricky loader.

I like the quality though, and I like the amount of storage you get. They seem sturdier than some of the bigger Equitreks. They are quite expensive though, when you add in all the extras that are pretty much essential (and VAT, which they seemed to keep rather quiet about when I was sent the brochure last year!).

Last edited:

Javabb94

Visit site
I posted about those once, and someone said something which hadnt occured to me.

If the trailer tipped over, it would fall over onto the heavier side with the ramp leaving nowhere to get the horses out.

We went with Ifor Williams 506 instead and never had a problem with it :)

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
Yes I did notice they are black inside, would b much better in white. I wonder if thats an option?
I dont have any tricky loaders, so Im not too worried on that part.

The tipping over bit is concerning though, Ive never thought about it happening but if the equi trek did tip over, which ever side it went on you wouldnt be able to get the horse out. At least with an ifor or bateson you can get them out the back.

So, looks like the deuville or 506 then, tricky one. Ive had both before and I do think the bateson is better built , plus the front ramp opens on the left (away from traffic!) But on the flip side, you always know where you stand with an ifor!

HoHum, decisions decisions!

Becky, do you still have your chevel libeter (sp) trailer? How are you getting on with that one?

BeckyD

Visit site
Yes I did notice they are black inside, would b much better in white. I wonder if thats an option?
I dont have any tricky loaders, so Im not too worried on that part.

The tipping over bit is concerning though, Ive never thought about it happening but if the equi trek did tip over, which ever side it went on you wouldnt be able to get the horse out. At least with an ifor or bateson you can get them out the back.

So, looks like the deuville or 506 then, tricky one. Ive had both before and I do think the bateson is better built , plus the front ramp opens on the left (away from traffic!) But on the flip side, you always know where you stand with an ifor!

HoHum, decisions decisions!

Becky, do you still have your chevel libeter (sp) trailer? How are you getting on with that one?

Didn't you have a Bateson trailer for a while? I think Tania has one so you could ask her how she gets on with it?

I loved my Cheval Liberte to start with, but it's starting to look a bit tired/grubby inside now (despite jet washing) or perhaps I'm just getting bored with it. I'm finding flaws with it - the breast and breech bars have an easy way of securing them but that means it's also easy to undo them and Bill has removed his breast bar 3 times during the journey, even though we've made absolutely sure the clip is secure before setting off (we've been paranoid since the first time it happened). Other times the clip has been too secure and I can't get the d*mned thing out - like on Monday this week. Plus the full width bar is cumbersome and doesn't hinge to fold down out of the way - you have to take it out completely which can be awkward with 600kg of hyped-up horse behind it. I'm hoping to get a lorry, but if I don't get a lorry then I might change trailer at some point.

It did stand up to Ronnie's many and varied attempts to dismantle it/turn it over, though, so it can't be all bad :rolleyes: