Equi-Trek

Rocket

New User
Visit site
Hi, we are based in New Zealand and are looking to import a lorry from the UK and have come across the equi-treks, they seem good on paper, however suspiciously cheap. Has anyone had any experience with them, either good or bad? Any feedback on these??
Cheers

perfect11s

Visit site
Hi, we are based in New Zealand and are looking to import a lorry from the UK and have come across the equi-treks, they seem good on paper, however suspiciously cheap. Has anyone had any experience with them, either good or bad? Any feedback on these??
Cheers
I would come over and look at them before parting with your hard earned dollars!!
I havent looked at them closely but there has been some less than favouble coments
on here about the trailers....which size were you considdering? maybe someone has one
The other thing is can you get one regd and a WOF etc and is the chassis the same spec for parts and service ..

cm2581

Visit site
There have been a lot of negative reports on here about the trailers with regards to quality and customer service, dunno bout the lorries but they come from the same manufacturer?! Do a search of the forum for Equi-trek!

diggerbez

Visit site
ditto the above...don't have any experience of the lorries but i have a trailer (which cost 10k) and the build quality is **** and the customer service i received was dreadful. i realise this is just my experience but if you do a forum search you will no doubt find others (when i say **** build quality i mean in a serious way- my axle snapped within the first 5 months for example)

Rocket

New User
Visit site
Thanks everyone, that is what we thought but weren't sure. The service for us has been crapola even when we are trying to buy one, so think it would be even worse if we had one all the way over here. I appreciate your help.

Cheers

Rocket

New User
Visit site
We were thinking of the 18t job! Lorries over here are ridiculously expensive and MILES behind in spec, the market is pretty much sewn up by a couple of companies and they seem to have no interest in improving.

_daisy_

Visit site
ive only had trailers off Equitrek (bought them direct from the manufacturer) and had nothing but praise for them. ive never had any problems with the build quality or any problems with the trailers (only upgraded as we wanted a bigger trailer)
if I were you id get to speak to the owners son - Tom.

Rocket

New User
Visit site
Thanks I will try that, have had difficulty getting anything out of them, but will try and circumvent the riff raff and go direct to Tom. Hurrah top new plan.

Rocket

New User
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have read all the forum things from previous and I have asked to get Tom's details. I appreciate your help from afar.

Old Bat

Visit site
Hi, just caught up. I had a trailer and the horse loved it but the living, although high spec, was c**p. Liked it so much though that exchanged for a supersonic (4 ton) with no living fittings and got a local bloke to fit out to our requirements. It's on a peugot cab and chassis, brilliant drive, horses love it, had it nearly 2 years and can't find a bad thing to say about it.

RomanyMayday

Visit site
We got a star treka trailer last year and love it! We have also found that the newer trailers seem to be better quality than the older ones? I don't know if anyone else feels the same. We were told by someone that aparently the manufacturer changed and they are now made by a coachbuilder company and before they were made by a caravan company? We would reccomend our one anyday! Good luck with your buy :)

Rocket

New User
Visit site
Hmm thanks for that, I think that we will have to come over and look at them, we would love an Oakley but haven't won the lottery as yet. Thanks for your help though it is nice to have some feedback.