Equiband..?

Michen

Visit site
Would be great to hear of any experiences using this, not much coming up in thread searches. I know there are cheaper versions (thermatex pro core) and homemade versions with a tail bandage etc but have taken the plunge and purchased one on recommendation from my dressage trainer.

I’m not one for gadgets, but she thinks it will help both me and Boggle initially and they do seem to get good reviews. I like the fact you can use them ridden.

Not expecting a miracle cure and obviously will still need to focus on correct riding and training but hoping it’ll help us along the way.

Anyone got any positive experiences that will make me cringe less at the £200 I have just spent on a gadget..!?

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I borrowed one from a friend to lunge Topaz in, it certainly made a difference as I can never get her to engage and lift her back normally unless I'm on her!

Can't comment if they are better or not that the cheaper versions, but certainly a useful tool in my book :).

SEL

Visit site
I think better than the thermatex version - I've got that and it doesn't sit quite right.

Can you post an update as to how you get on with it?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Someone I know uses a human resistance band advised by there osteo, I think I would try that before spending £200 it might be all you need and do the trick worth a try.

whiteflower

Visit site
I just use theraband with a roller and numnah I've cut some holes in. I use it on the lunge with just that and a Cavesson and I can see a difference in their use of their core/lift in back/wither. Mines just a home made version

Mahoganybay

Visit site
My mare has been having rehabilitation with an Equiband following inflamed stifles. Was recommended by my dressage instructor who absolutely swears by them and my physio.

She really swings through her back and comes under from behind with it on.

We have been using it with long lines and next week my mare & I are having a weeks bootcamp with my instructor and one of the lessons will be ridden Equiband.

I do rate it and think that it’s helped my mare recover.

Edited to add, that I have continued at home with a theraband on a lunge roller and numnah.

Last edited:

flying_high

Visit site
I’ve got one and like it

I think you need at least a correctly made original to get the alignment right if going to make a copy. I also don’t think the original bands are the same as the black therabands so think need original bands.

There are lots of good videos on you tube re using Equicore.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I’ve got one which I have just started using. My high powered chiropractor vet really rates them, she has clients which have bought some of the various cheaper rip off versions, but she says that in her option they are not nearly as good, and may actually be harmful as they can slip. Tammy has accepted it straight away, but I’ve been advised to introduce it with extreme caution to my younger sports horse mare who has had tight hamstrings after long term foot balance issues, as she may well react to it more.

The advice given is to shorten the band so that it is 50% of the length needed, but that is for more advanced work, so start off at a much lower tension and work up.

It is a spendy purchase, but if you have a horse that could benefit from it it is in my opinion worth the money :).

Reactions: SEL