Equidor 5 Point Breastplate - Reviews?

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Just purchased the above as one of Sunny's Christmas presents (lucky mare), and I wondering what people think of this particular breastplate, e.g is the quality good, and are they true to their size etc? I know a person who uses it on their gelding and it looks smart and seems to keep their saddle in place.

Many thanks for anybody who answers :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I don't use a breastplate, just a neck strap. The saddle fits, and I use a Fairfax girth which is incredibly kind but not elasticated, so the saddle does not move even one inch. A breastplate works by either pulling on the shoulders or chest, which I don't want for jumping anyway, and the neckstrap is better placed as an emergency ohmygod strap.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I don't use a breastplate, just a neck strap. The saddle fits, and I use a Fairfax girth which is incredibly kind but not elasticated, so the saddle does not move even one inch. A breastplate works by either pulling on the shoulders or chest, which I don't want for jumping anyway, and the neckstrap is better placed as an emergency ohmygod strap.

Her saddle was made specifically for her, and is obviously regularly re flocked to ensure that it always fits. The reason for a breastplate is that when I'm out hunting, jumping a big hedge, or eventing, I find that a breastplate helps to keep the saddle totally still. She still has full shoulder movement, and if asked can do a fabulous extended trot, as well as having the freedom to jump, as she can clear 1.33m with room to spare! :)

I've personally never found the need for a neckstrap, as my hands are never that far back.