Equifest in-hand showing attire

Mollymop

Visit site
I am taking a pony to Equifest and have my usual in-hand clothes for the morning class. If by some miracle we qualify for the evening championship, should I wear something different? I have seen women wear black sparkly outfits or black trousers and a frilly white top. Is that correct? The pony is not a particular breed/type and is black.
Thanks for any advice!

humblepie

Visit site
I haven't done Equifest but at some other shows in the evening performance yes people wear sparkly tops or a frilly white top and I am sure that would be fit in well particularly iwth a black pony. I am fairly boring and just wear my day time stuff with a stock and navy jacket rather than a tie and tweed. Good luck.

WelshD

Visit site
yes, black or navy skirt or trousers and a light coloured blouse, long hair tied back, no hat for evening performances (unless you specifically want to wear a hard hat for safety)

Most evening performances are quite conservative but at Equifest if you want to wear something with sparkles then go for it as the competitors there do tend to go wild, some people put glitter spray on their pony but I would personally say don't overdo it (especially if you need to get it off for a class the next day!)

humblepie

Visit site
What days are you there ? We’re there for the Search for a Star on Wednesday so doing a couple of classes Thursday before drive back.

Mollymop

Visit site
I am going to have a look round (and shop!) on Thursday as I haven't been to Arena UK before. We are competing on Saturday morning. Which classes are you doing on Thursday?

humblepie

Visit site
I am going to have a look round (and shop!) on Thursday as I haven't been to Arena UK before. We are competing on Saturday morning. Which classes are you doing on Thursday?
An early turn out class which I imagine will be huge, and then the racehorse class which is mid morning as can then do stable, sort out and head back at a sensible time. Good luck on Saturday.