Equihaler

doodle

Visit site
Does anyone use? Or has used? Vet coming today to teach us both how to use it. Hoping he will accept it but if not it will be oral steroids. He is pretty good at “stuff” so hoping he will say ok! I have watched the video.

jnb

Visit site
My vet gave me a Babyhaler when my old cob needed steroids via inhaler. Worked really well and about £30! Just held his head and popped it over one nostril, covered the other one after he breathed out & one puff as he breathed in, did the trick twice a day for about a week, from memory.

doodle

Visit site
He wants to try the equihaler specifically as had good results with it since it came out. They have a “dummy” version that you can practise with before getting the real thing.

SEL

Visit site
He wants to try the equihaler specifically as had good results with it since it came out. They have a “dummy” version that you can practise with before getting the real thing.

You'll find my thread if you have a search. I'm glad you've got a dummy to practice with because I think I wasted a lot of steroid when the pony objected!

In the end I had to cross tie her and use a lot of treats to get her used to it. By the end she was absolutely fine and I found she objected less than the one I was given for the asthma drugs which covered her entire nostril.

doodle

Visit site
Thanks, will go and have a look. Initial thoughts are we will be fine. He is happy for it to be shoved up but less happy about getting the seal. Vet suggested practising with the dummy for a couple of days before the real thing. So I did a bit of “if you let me shove this up your nose I’ll give you a polo”. Robin will do pretty much anything for a polo ?

doodle

Visit site
I have one. Well 2. I have the dummy one to get him used to it and if it works then the actual treatment one. Off to watch the video again to work how what clicks when!

Sandy200

Visit site
I use one prior to exercise for my mare and she accepts it really well - just took it slowly to start with and now don't need to put a head collar on, I just hold her head. To start with she jerked her head away when it puffed the air in but that took a little time just being patient and taking it slowly. It has really helped her so I hope will help Robin too.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I don't know if the equihaler makes a noise at all but when I used a babyhaler with my mare I coughed to disguise the puff of the inhaler as this was what bothered her at the start. A few days in and she was used to it and tolerated it well.

doodle

Visit site
Update- “yes you can shove it up my nose I will just not breath”. Not sure I have the knack of getting the seal or what.