Equilibra 500 feed balancer

Hen

Visit site
Does anyone feed Equilibra 500 + Omega 3 feed balancer by gwfnutrition to a competing good doer?

The overall spec looks useful but I have only read reviews about use on horses that need a lot of condition added - not those that need their condition 'capped'.

And I can't find information about starch levels.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has used this for their good doer, what feed ratio you gave and what you think overall.

Thanks.

Pep12

Visit site
In my experience this balancer is great but not for a really good doer unless they are working hard. Try Spillers lite or Baileys lo-cal for a good doer or even pink powder.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I have a very good-doer competing Elementary, working Adv Medium and I now feed him 365 Complete with Hi-Fi Lite, Just Grass and a small amount of Topspec Turbo Flakes and he has never felt or looked so good. Plus he's not fluctuating in weight like he did when he was on Saracens Bio-Life 2000 Balancer. I really really like 365 Complete :)

Hen

Visit site
Thank you for your feedback. Am currently feeding at competition time Saracen Releve as a balancer with unmollassed alfalfa chaff plus supplements (variable depending on conditions but generally additional salt and magnesium plus joint-friendly herbs). What I don't want to do is add calories or raise starch levels above 10%.

Hen

Visit site
Nice to know TopSpec is working for you MillionDollar - certainly one of the 'recommended feedlines' and I am switching to TopChop Lite next week but they are so circumspect about what is in any of their products, it is difficult to judge what is the right way to go. Even having sent off for info and having a huge brochure returned I am not much the wiser.