Equilibrium magnetic back pad

Emmak12

Visit site
I am thinking of purchasing the equilibrium magnetic back pad!
However there is not a lot of research to support its effectiveness, so i thought hey you guys might be able to tell me your experiences with it!

My mare had a nasty trailer accident and basically ripped her side off....we are 5 months on now and doing really well. However she does have some back pain occassionally as she is compensating for her abdomen. I might be back riding soon and thought that it might be worth using the pad before and after i ride as she will prob be a bit tight and sore!

If have one or have used one etc... how did you find it? Do you think it is worth £89!

Thank you very much

XxEmmaxX

ilovecobs

Visit site
Hi, iv never used it myself but have used an equissage and found it great, i think equilibrium do a version of this for a fraction of the price :)

eoe

Visit site
I have the Equilibrium Massage pad as well as a FMB Magnetic rug I use the Massage pad at least once a week on my horses and have been doing so for the last year, in that time I have not had to have any work done on them by the back lady and she has actually remarked on how good their muscle tone and top lines are. So for me I totally recommend the massage pad its worth its weight in gold as it cost me £172 and the back lady would have been out at least 4 times for the baby and at least once for each of the other two so its basically paid for itself in a year. I have used on liveries horses as well that have been a bit tight and it seems to have helped them as well.

The FMB Magnetic rug I use on my mare to travel to shows as she is always very tense and uptight at shows and she has been a lot less tense and easier to manage at shows, I find with the rug you can slot the magnets where you need them most where as the back pad only covers a small area.

I dont know anyone who has the Equilibirum Magnetic Pad but hope the above is helpful.

trendybraincell

Visit site
Also no experience of the magnetic pad, but I've been using the Equilibrium massage pad for the last week. He had his back done middle of last week, and he was very tight through the left side of his back. I've used the pad all week, at the recommendation of the back lady, and I am very impressed with the results...if I can sell my PE trio I'm going to put the money towards a massage pad :D

Marilyn

Visit site
What are the benefits then? I've been thinking about this for the winter for my older mare who has had a couple of chiro treatments this year and has bone spavin. The young horse (6) might like it too....your thoughts on why this is good please.

KatB

Visit site
I've got one of the massage pads, brought it 3 weeks ago. I can honestly feel and see a difference in my mare since using it. She is a lot looser when I ask her to move over and cross behind, and she is softer over her back!

eoe

Visit site
I have used the massage pad and sent it back!! It apparently takes 6 weeks to see full results and my instructor who knows other people who haven't had good results either, but by other peoples replies about it sounds as if you should give it ago. x

Its like anything it works for some horses and not for others, i can honestly say it made a lot of difference to my 3 horses and they were all different ages.