Equilibrium massage pad - any good?

djb

Visit site
Has anyone used an Equilibrium massage pad - do you think they are any good?
What sort of issues have you used them for?
Have you noticed an improvement in your horse?
I'm thinking about buying one for my horse who has bone spavin and associated bad back.

unbalanced

Visit site
I have one and I like it. My pony has bone spavin and associated bad back - we got a couple of physio sessions on insurance and the physio recommended getting a massage pad. She said that in her experience Equissage and Equilibrium do the exact same job which is rather fortunate because I only have the budget for Equilibrium.

My mare seems to stride out better after she's been wearing it, particularly through her shoulders which is not at all where the physio said any of her problems were but hey ho. She also likes to fall asleep wearing it in the sun :)

dominobrown

Visit site
My horse has a kissing spine (operated on), and I love mine. I have used equissage's but find the equilbrium massage pad better. It has diferent settings, and does different 'movements' instead of an equissage. Also it is a better shape. Fantastic value for money.

KatB

Visit site
Love mine too. Can really notice if my mare hasn't had it on for a while, and it does help relax the muscles. Also recommended by a very well respected physio locally :)

Heidi1

Visit site
Love mine. Really notice a difference on my three mares, one has recovered from a shoulder injury really quickly with the use of the pad. Well worth the money...

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
I bought mine when they first came out and it's been invaluable. Highly recommended! Have a gelding who gets very stiff across his back and this really helps prevent the spasms he's prone to.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I have one too, and it's fab, definitely has helped my lad relax through his back more, he also doesn't get sore/tight muscles behind the saddle anymore. Very good for the money, think mine was £180 brand new from eBay.

trendybraincell

Visit site
Another happy customer :) love mine wouldn't be without it! My boy is about as laid back as they get so didn't batt an eyelid when I introduced him to it.

MD...is it Victor who gets tight behind the saddle?

Escada2004

Visit site
Love mine wouldnt be without it, i have a mare that gets tight in the lumbar area and if i put it on her before i go in the ring to jump the difference is amazing, also use it on my other mare with Spavin as she was always getting a bad back, and hasnt had a problem for 1 1/2 years (although she is checked every 6 months). Yet to use it on my new one as she is only a baby and might need a little getting used to :D