Equilibrium Massage Pad

BOWS28

Visit site
So i may have accidentally bought an Equilibrium Massage Pad yesterday after receiving a lovely discount code... After reading the reviews it was a very easy accident to make. It was fairly pricey and feeling a bit guilty about splashing the cash so i'm here to get some confirmation that it'll be worth it?? Please??? :eek:

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I bought mine kind of accidentally too. Thought there would be another step when I clicked a button then got "thank you for your purchase" ooops. However. Worth every penny.

Last edited:

SEL

Visit site
One of mine loves it (but for some reason it twists under his tummy regularly so he gets a tummy massage!) and the other tolerates it. Guess which one I bought it for?! **horses**

BOWS28

Visit site
One of mine loves it (but for some reason it twists under his tummy regularly so he gets a tummy massage!) and the other tolerates it. Guess which one I bought it for?! **horses**

My old girl has quite broad shoulders so i'm sort of hoping it may stay put! She enjoys the Equissage that she's had on a few times but i think they're really expensive for what they are!! I'll let you know what madam's verdict is ;)

BOWS28

Visit site
It has been brilliant for my pony with some arthritis in spine - helps keep the muscles supple as she gets (naturally) in that area

Fab, that's just what i wanted to hear. My ex show jumper gets very tight through her back because of the way she holds herself when excited. The reviews seem to say its fab for things like that and i'm hoping it will relax her a bit more before ridden work.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Every horse I have put it on loves it once they get used to it a least). I am talking droopy lip. I use it when they feel a bit edgy. They soon seem to feel mellow!

So much so that when OH's horse untied his rope and 'got it out' (unauthorised) then 'nested' on it so it broke, I bought another!

BOWS28

Visit site
Every horse I have put it on loves it once they get used to it a least). I am talking droopy lip. I use it when they feel a bit edgy. They soon seem to feel mellow!

So much so that when OH's horse untied his rope and 'got it out' (unauthorised) then 'nested' on it so it broke, I bought another!

That's what i'm looking for!! She's such a tense little thing i just want her to relax and chill. Okay, the point you bought another has confirmed my accidental purchase was a good one!!!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
That's what i'm looking for!! She's such a tense little thing i just want her to relax and chill. Okay, the point you bought another has confirmed my accidental purchase was a good one!!!

I am sure you will love it. I love that you can put a rug on top in winter. I had one who would not tie up easily, he would get anxious, paw, swirl round, stamp, rear etc etc. He was trained to yeild to the rope in so much that he would not break free, but it was an awfully noisy procedure to tie him next door whilst I mucked out.

Then he got an Equlibrium and Voila, he would go to sleep, little bottom lip twitching in time to the buzzes. I could set the pad off, and know I had half an hour to get stuff done. If it stopped he would get antsy again, but if I was not finished I could just do a repeat performance.

When the first one broke courtesy of OH's horse I did initially replace it with a (secondhand) equissage. The second hand Equissage was more than the new Equlibrium, but I thought it would be 'better' but it was not. For a start it could not have a rug on top, also it did not seem so 'relaxing' as opposed to whatever else it is supposed to do. Also it kept slipping and was very noisy!

I sold the Equissage and got the second Equlibrium. I would not have left them unattended with the Equissage, but I do with the Equlibrium. I have even taken it onto the horsebox to use at a show, it is so light and compact.

BOWS28

Visit site
I am sure you will love it. I love that you can put a rug on top in winter. I had one who would not tie up easily, he would get anxious, paw, swirl round, stamp, rear etc etc. He was trained to yeild to the rope in so much that he would not break free, but it was an awfully noisy procedure to tie him next door whilst I mucked out.

Then he got an Equlibrium and Voila, he would go to sleep, little bottom lip twitching in time to the buzzes. I could set the pad off, and know I had half an hour to get stuff done. If it stopped he would get antsy again, but if I was not finished I could just do a repeat performance.

When the first one broke courtesy of OH's horse I did initially replace it with a (secondhand) equissage. The second hand Equissage was more than the new Equlibrium, but I thought it would be 'better' but it was not. For a start it could not have a rug on top, also it did not seem so 'relaxing' as opposed to whatever else it is supposed to do. Also it kept slipping and was very noisy!

I sold the Equissage and got the second Equlibrium. I would not have left them unattended with the Equissage, but I do with the Equlibrium. I have even taken it onto the horsebox to use at a show, it is so light and compact.

This is music to my ears!!! I have borrowed an Equissage a few times and she liked it but never went floppy lipped. I like that the Equilibrium targets more of their back and the price is a lot more attractive!

I plan to use it daily while i do jobs, as like your boy she doesn't stand still whilst being tied up. Not quite as an extreme reaction but she just fidgets. Perfect that you can put a rug on top in the winter. She is still fully clipped so would never leave her standing around naked for 30 mins. I'm getting excited for it to arrive now!

BOWS28

Visit site
I fill a haynet with 30 mins worth of hay and leave my mares munching with their Equilibrium massage pads on while I get on with other jobs. They love their massage pads, but it would not be good if they laid down while wearing them.

I would always have them tied up whilst wearing it. Can't afford to replace it!

Visit site
So long as you can guarantee your horse won't roll on it you should be ok to leave them loose with a rug on top to stop any nibbling!

We had 4 of them at the yard. The horses loved them. The person in charge of putting them on and off horses often forgot and they all gradually got rolled on or chewed ... so we did have 4! Now we have none that work! They are the older version and equilibrium wont take them back for repair or service they just want us to buy new ones. The local electrician is going to take on apart and see what there is to see. We have nothing to lose by him doing that!

ITPersonnage

Visit site
I had to take one of the old ones apart as it was when they were in between the old & new models and there was no way i was buying a replacement old one (IYKWIM) so I undid the stitching & patched it up ( a bit of soldering came into it) and it worked for about 6-9 months, by which time the new ones had come out. It was fiddly but I'm sure the local electrician will be up to it! I had to use gaffer tape to hold the botched wiring in place but it was fine.

BOWS28

Visit site
So long as you can guarantee your horse won't roll on it you should be ok to leave them loose with a rug on top to stop any nibbling!

We had 4 of them at the yard. The horses loved them. The person in charge of putting them on and off horses often forgot and they all gradually got rolled on or chewed ... so we did have 4! Now we have none that work! They are the older version and equilibrium wont take them back for repair or service they just want us to buy new ones. The local electrician is going to take on apart and see what there is to see. We have nothing to lose by him doing that!

She's a mare, i can't guarantee she will/won't do anything lol. I feel like i'll just tie her up just to be on the safe side. Too expensive to keep replacing. Will be a result if your local electrician can sort it though!

tda

Visit site
Yeah, I've got one, use it a lot at the moment. Alice did once manage to swivel it round onto her belly and then laid down🤔🙄 it survived but I don't leave her unsupervised any more

rextherobber

Visit site

Equilibrium were very helpful when I rang them as one of the vibrating bits had stopped in mine, they said get an electrician to look at it, and they could send the replacement part for him to fit. Turned out it was a loose wire, so quick fix. I now tie up with a haynet instead of leaving loose, and no problems since. My horse loves it, is also a fidgety, pawing, twirling nightmare to tie up, apart from when having a massage. Also helpful when tidying mane and trimming.