Equimax pramox or equlivan duo?

JumpingJacks

Visit site
What is the best wormer to work 2 horses now. a 2 year old and a 5 year old I have seen comments on the risks of colicing and I do admit I have never had to do my own worming before always been on a yard that has done it.

RunRunReindeer

Visit site
Not exactly the same as different active ingredients; you could ring your vet to enquire if there is any resistance to either in your area and if they would advise one over the other. Otherwise agree with the previous reply - they do the same job so go by price ;)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
really? they are both ivermectin and praziquantel.

ahh I see the confusion as I read it as 'equimax pramox' which is 2 different ones!

So yes equimax and eqvalan duo = ivermectin and praziquantel
EQUEST pramox= moxidectin and praziquantel :)

OP the latter gives longer coverage and also removes encysted red worm (which needs doing at some point in winter/pre spring emergence) BUT people do find that it is a bit 'harsher'

Last edited:

maggiesmum

Visit site
None of the dual chemical ones, too many reports of colic after dosing for my liking, I'd much rather worm and blood count to be sure it needed doing first.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I would be reticent about using a dual wormer... or moxidectin at all tbh on a horse that I did not know the worming history of.

However as I do I am happy to use any of them.