Equimins Vitamin E Oil help please!

millitiger

Visit site
I've just bought this and have a small issue I need help with please.

How on earth do you measure it out of the bottle and feed it??

I need 8ml a day, had a bright idea to use a syringe to draw it out.
However the oil is soooo thick and gloopy, it plugs the syringe rather than drawing properly.
I ended up pouring into a measure and guessing a bit but it's so expensive I don't really want to carry on like that.

Secondary question, can i mix the oil with some warm water to pour over her feed? Or will that cause issues with the oil?

Thanks in advance!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Decant a small amount into another tub with a lid.

A calpol or dentinox syringe (much bigger hole) makes it easy peasy.

I put in the feed which I mix with warm water ever day and it's fine.

paddy555

Visit site
I've just bought this and have a small issue I need help with please.

How on earth do you measure it out of the bottle and feed it??

I need 8ml a day, had a bright idea to use a syringe to draw it out.
However the oil is soooo thick and gloopy, it plugs the syringe rather than drawing properly.
I ended up pouring into a measure and guessing a bit but it's so expensive I don't really want to carry on like that.

Secondary question, can i mix the oil with some warm water to pour over her feed? Or will that cause issues with the oil?

Thanks in advance!

I feed it to 6 of mine twice a day, I have got it down to a fine art! What I do is decant it from the equimins bottle. I use a Heinz squeezy tomato sauce bottle. That has a wide enough neck to pour it into easily. You can then squeeze out a small quantity under control. I feed it on a slice of bread (and I split my 8ml dose into 2 ie 4ml morning and 4ml night as it is more effective that way)

I just judge the quantity now by eye but when I started I put a piece of bread on gram scales and then squeezed out 4grams.

1000iu = 1ml or 1g

fold the bread over and horse loves it with no wastage. I don't put it in feed in case there is wastage as it is so expensive.

I tried the syringe idea but just couldn't get it to work.