Equine Agility UK - what a fun evening

Birker2020

Visit site
Last night we had Equine Agility UK https://www.equineagilityuk.com/ come to our yard for a fun night of horse agility. Equine Agility have a variety of obstacles https://www.equineagilityuk.com/course-and-obstacles

Equine Agility UK is open to all, they welcome members of all abilities, so whether you are just starting or have been competing for some time, there is something for everybody. You are placed into small groups (we had two groups of six) and you all go in the menage and walk around the edge to start before being given the go ahead to try all the obstacles at your own pace. Sally Golding is the instructor and will help you if you are struggling with any of the obstacles and give you advice on the best way to tackle them. I thought we'd have issues with the flags but we didn't. The hoop was funny, and my horse thought she'd try and eat the dangly bits of ribbon. The tarp was easy enough, she's always been fine walking across tarp. The step up onto the pallet was easy too as she is used to the weigh bridge at the vets which isn't dissimiliar.

I wasn't sure if my horse would be able to participate as she's up and down at the moment (she's had Arthramid in her coffin joints so its a waiting game) but on the surface she was fine which was a relief as I'd been looking forward to doing something together for a while, so it was an ideal chance and nice to have a couple of photos as well.

Anyway the course had 10 obstacles and when you have had a go at everything and are super confident you are given a test where you are given a sheet with the obstacles in the order you have to tackle them. Sally walks with you and scores you on each obstacle, you are scored on Horsemanship and you can gain a maximum of 6 points on each obstacle with this. You are also awarded on effectiveness, so how well you do each obstacle, if you do them correctly, etc. This scores a top mark of 4 on each obstacle. It was really good fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it as did we all. We ended up coming 3rd so not bad! I've had to crop some of the photos so my friends aren't on them!

The night ended with a barbecue which was lovely.

.1620899329916.png1620899842545.png1620899958917.png1620899978890.png