Equine cremation Devon/Cornwall... preparing for the worst :(

Visit site
I'm preparing for the worst with my old boy. He is severely arthritic but has been well managed with Danilon but over the last week seems to be struggling more. As heartbreaking as it will be, I want to do whats best for him and I know that I will have to make a decision soon as I cant bare the thought of him suffering and putting him through the winter would be selfish. When the time does come, I would like to have him cremated and have his ashes returned to me. I'm just wondering what Cremation companies everyone would recommend and what sort of prices they charge. Thanks, Sian.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Sally at Cremtor was amazing when I used her http://www.cremtor.co.uk/

Ditto this. She dealt with my old boy after the vet had PTS by lethal injection.

I believe she also has a Slaughterman's Licence?? I have heard of some very positive feedback from people who've used her for the whole thing, i.e. PTS AND taking away the body for cremation.

So so sorry you are in this position OP, it never gets any easier.

Visit site
That's good to know. It really doesn't get any easier, I have lost several over the years but I know this will be especially hard.. I got him at 5 months old and he is now 19, so he will leave a massive hole. I am devastated to be facing this decision but he is my best friend and I will do right by him. Thanks for your help :)