Equine flu

MuffettMischief

Visit site
It wasn’t shouted out about then because they were vaccinated horses.
We now have a potential failure of the vaccine (as of results weds pm), from two manufacturers in several horses which could (worst case) mean the entire UK herd is not protected.
That’s why people are concerned as that could be a pretty big issue to deal with.

I think you obviously read my post as someone who wasn't concerned at all which isnt the case. I am a little and that is the reason one of mine is being done early, just to be safe. I see what you mean re the original horses being un-vaccinated, I hadnt really thought of it like that. Hopefully boosters will at least lessen the symptoms if any vaccinated horses get it, thats the idea anyway!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
No not at all just explaining why it could be problematic.
Vaccines are my day job currently.

Someone has helpfully just mentioned a case in somerset without saying where that info came from as they can’t remember.

Visit site
Well vet wasn't overly concerned with mine, but did take swabs and blood from all of them and is sending off today so I'll post results when I get them next week.

Soz but your back of the que with over 2000 racehorses being tested this weekend 😂😂😂

The-Bookworm

Visit site
No not at all just explaining why it could be problematic.
Vaccines are my day job currently.

Someone has helpfully just mentioned a case in somerset without saying where that info came from as they can’t remember.
Sorry that might have been me. It was my RI.

Last edited: