Equine Fusion, All Terrain Ultra boots - reviews?

MDB

Visit site
My horse has just been fitted for the above boots by a barefoot trimmer.

Jusy wondering if anybody on here has any experience with them. We tried several different brands of boots and these ones fitted best.

Thanks. X

Nasicus

Visit site
I have a pair of the Equine Fusion All Terrain Jogging shoe, so not quite the same, but just appears to be a different upper/method of fastening. I'll be honest, I found the Jogging Shoes a faff. Faff to get on, faff to take off, and they often rotated whilst riding. However, very hard wearing, no damage to them despite my mare slopping along with them on sideways, and they had fantastic grip!

I've find found that her foot shape much better suits a Cavello Trek, so it's all down to finding the right brand/model to suit their hooves. If the AT Ultras fit well and correctly, then I'm sure you'll have no problems!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
As above I've not had that particular model but the Ultimate Jogging Shoe, which by contrast to the above, was easy to put on and take off and never moved on mine. She was very tricky to fit at the time as her hooves were such a mess, so these were pretty much her only option and did the job well!

meleeka

Visit site
As above I've not had that particular model but the Ultimate Jogging Shoe, which by contrast to the above, was easy to put on and take off and never moved on mine. She was very tricky to fit at the time as her hooves were such a mess, so these were pretty much her only option and did the job well!

Same here. The only downside I can think of is they take a while to dry once wet.

Nasicus

Visit site
Interesting that other people had no issues with the fastening, I found the tab would often seize up around the ring in the bottom. Maybe I was just doing it wrong haha! I have no doubt that if they fit the hoof, then they're fabulous boots, I really really wanted them to work with my girl, but even with the dampening pads they twisted, probably due to her round hoof shape and slightly 'twisting' action. Anyone want to buy a used pair of size 15? :p

Beausmate

Visit site
I found them a faff, especially taking them off when muddy (which is most of the time around here!) and they rubbed. The grip on the road was poor too.

MDB

Visit site
Thanks all. There didn't seem to be any twisting but then we only walked around on a flat, concrete floor for a few minutes. I was able to get them on and off reasonably well. I guess the fit is crucial. They were definitely the best fitting boot out of five or so different brands that we tried.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
I bought the jogging shoes and was initially really pleased with them. However after a few months they started twisting when being ridden in them. The fit still seemed ok. It wasnt due to his feet changing shape as he had been barefoot 15months and his old pair of cavallos are still fine. There solution when i emailed them was to put carpet on the inside and they said this had stopped the twisting for some of their clients which suggested i wasnt the only one having issues.

Greylegs

Visit site
I bought the jogging shoes and was initially really pleased with them. However after a few months they started twisting when being ridden in them. The fit still seemed ok. It wasnt due to his feet changing shape as he had been barefoot 15months and his old pair of cavallos are still fine. There solution when i emailed them was to put carpet on the inside and they said this had stopped the twisting for some of their clients which suggested i wasnt the only one having issues.

I second this and all of the above about them being a faff to put on. My lad has a pair for his fronts and they always twist round in use, once I've got them actually on his feet. I've give up with them tbh. Thankfully, I've moved to a yard where I rarely touch a road so we don't really need them now, but that's not an ideal solution for everyone !!! I found it helped to hook a hoof pick through the loop at the front when you're giving it a tug to tighten them up, but no amount of tightening stopped them twisting, sadly.