Equine Onesies??

Tinypony

Visit site
That's what I meant - a rolling pony is bound to shift the eye holes around so unless I was merely pottering around yard, packing car and trailer etc where I could keep an eye on it and had put pony in stable for a chill out rather than leaving them tied up I wouldn't trust it and therefore i agree just not worth the risk. ( and I hate having scruffy ponies as see a lot of people out riding! Just a personal thing...)

Well, it's only opinions on here, so we agree to differ. A lot can go wrong while the owner's back is turned for even a few minutes, then when you've got half a ton of blind, panicking horse in a stable it could be really difficult to do anything to help them without getting injured yourself.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
One can take matchiness to the extreme - I can put together matching bandages, saddlecloth, breeches, polo shirt, socks, bra and pants - in a lilac purple colour :D
Normally I cba though.

I can do that too, but most of them were meant to be white until that pesty tail bandage got in the washer with them.

Auslander

Visit site
Going against the grain here but I can see that they have their place. Having recently taken on a black pony with full mane and tail who insists on rolling immediately n their shavings bed EVERY time they are go in the stable I am tempted to get one and I would be putting a tail bag on too. After spending a good 30 mins getting them clean in the first place spending another 30 mins picking out shavings is not my ideal preparation before a rude/outing/lesson/show! I wouldn't however leave them for any long period of time because they must be uncomfortable and I wouldn't trust the eyeholes not to move.

I can't see a problem with a horse having a roll when it comes in - mine all do, and I deliberately put them in unrugged so that they get the maximum enjoyment out of it. I also take their rugs off in the field on sunny days so that they can have a good scratch/roll/grooming session. Cant bear the practice of covering horses up from head to foot 24/7 just so they don't need as much grooming. Quite apart from anything else, thorough grooming is so good for their skin/circulation. My horses live out 24/7, and plaster themselves with mud regularly - but they never leave the yard under saddle anything but immaculate. It takes a bit more time, but I'd rather that than them being wrapped up the whole time.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I haven't commented on the other but...apart from the glaringly obvious safety/welfare issue, these are possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen...!!! :eek3:
I think Onesies look bluddy stoopid on people, let alone animals....the world is going mad :rolleyes3:

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I told all my friends that if any of them bought me a onesie they would be strangled then string up by it, they all laughed I hate them on people I don't mind Halloween etc but not everyday :)

Bigbenji

Visit site
I told all my friends that if any of them bought me a onesie they would be strangled then string up by it, they all laughed I hate them on people I don't mind Halloween etc but not everyday :)
I think it's seeing people going out to the shops in them that makes me cringe 😬

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I'm with you on this one OP. Horsey onesies .... Just why? Not averse to a bit of tasteful matchy matchy personally, but glittery hoof oil, sparkly hair extensions, too much bling, pink tack and of course, onesies .... All of these need to be consigned to some sort of horsey Room 101 in my view .... (Ducks below the parapet to avoid flying solid objects from bling fanatics ....)

This! Don't do bling/ sparkly or onesies. I won't even wear a onesie myself!

chorro

Visit site
Im with SLH I can't stand onsies for people never mind horses. Though I have to admit I like matching things and sparkly stuff
Bring on the sparkly mane gel and hoof oil :-D

Tinypony

Visit site
I feel right slovenly now for dragging in my muddy pone, scraping essential mud off on face and saddle area and off we go!

SamanthaG

Visit site
I believe a well fitted under rug with neck and hood have their places. I state well fitting. And the well made ones have a silky lining so it doesn't slip back like a fleece rug.

The pic in this topic is a terrible example. I have seen horses with bog standard turnout rugs over their eyes when leg straps have failed. Yet we continue to use them.

Anything can be dangerous to our equine friends. How many here won't use hay nets due to various horror stories?

Sadly there are cheap I'll made copies of everything equestrian.

armchair_rider

Visit site
I'm with you on this one OP. Regardless of any other debate which might be ongoing (sadly .... Please could we stop now?) ..... Horsey onesies .... Just why? Not averse to a bit of tasteful matchy matchy personally, but glittery hoof oil, sparkly hair extensions, too much bling, pink tack and of course, onesies .... All of these need to be consigned to some sort of horsey Room 101 in my view .... (Ducks below the parapet to avoid flying solid objects from bling fanatics ....)

I suspect we may need a rather big parapet to shelter all the naysayers behind. Though i'm not against matchy matchy and I must admit a certain fondness for glittery hoof oil

luckyoldme

Visit site
human onesies!
My favouraite story about these is when my niece brought her new boyfriend round wearing one.
My brother walked into the room and in his broad Geordie accent shouted the words "What the fOOK is that!"
Unfortunately I did nt witness it, but god I would have loved to hear it!

NZJenny

Visit site
Fashion tragedy. Whether for human or horse - possibly the most unflattering, ridiculous article of clothing ever invented. Unless of course you still sleep in a cot with sides and someone else dresses you. Otherwise WTF !

Pebble101

Visit site
Having seen my horse overheat one day I would prefer my horses a bit cold rather than too hot! I do believe a lot of horses are over-rugged (that'll start another 'debate') and I think onesies will add to this.

And I hate onesies - human or equine.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I don't get it either. Onesies for people are bad enough.

Quite fancy one for myself but certainly wouldn't humiliate my horse with one. Poinless IMO, I bet its people who fully clip their horses who then zip them up in these things...

As for glittery hoof oil, I personally don't see it as good for their hooves and it looks dreadful. Saw some glitter over-reach boots the other day in my local shop, almost threw up and the most horrifying thing was that they came in FULL size!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Fashion tragedy. Whether for human or horse - possibly the most unflattering, ridiculous article of clothing ever invented. Unless of course you still sleep in a cot with sides and someone else dresses you. Otherwise WTF !

Love it !

Although we don't have any of the cheap, badly made onesies for horses at our yard, I've noticed a couple of people arriving in the morning wearing human ones. WTF.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I used to think seeing people warming their horses up at shows with the mane hoods on was ridiculous I now hear people lunge and longline with them on?? Really?? How uncomfortable for the horse!! I couldnt run about with my fleece jammie bums on!! Id melt they are for lounging about in lol :)

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Those of you who hate human onesies have clearly never worn one! I was of the same opinion until I was bought one for my birthday in November......the first words out of my mouth were "WTF is that? wouldn't be seen dead in that!"

I now spend quite a lot of my time in the house in my onesie.......in fact I'm wearing it now....don't knock it til you've tried it! LOL!! :)

As for horse onesies - er no.....

jodie3

Visit site
Holly Hocks - I think you have made a valid point about a onesie but you yourself said 'in the house' which is the best and only place for a onesie in my opinion. My daughter and grandchildren have them but only wear them in the house.

As my ex says ' I have worn a onesie all my working life, it's just we used to call them boiler suits!'

Shantara

Visit site
Glittery things and matchy matchy is a matter of taste surely and not hurting the horse?

If we're talking about taste...I'm going to tell you something which makes my eyes hurt and I know I will offend!!

A black horse....

...in a brown bridle!!! YUK!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
If we're talking about taste...I'm going to tell you something which makes my eyes hurt and I know I will offend!!

A black horse....

Thank you, you are now my friend :)!I have black tack for my black horse and I think it looks very smart, but apparently in some circles it is considered naff.

What the heck, it looks good to me.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Glittery things and matchy matchy is a matter of taste surely and not hurting the horse?

A black horse....

Lol agreed I had brown tack for Stella and i have to say it was the darkest brown I could find but black for a black horse all the way.