Equine Quiz- Help Please?

aimeeq94

Visit site
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could help me, ive got an equine quiz to do, just stuck with a few questions, got most of them. i have tried google but any help would be great. there are 26 questions altogether, each answer begins with a different letter of the alphabet.

5) Reached number 10 in the charts for 'Jackie' in the 60s.
10) Jonathan Swifts intelligent horses.
12) An inferior horse.
14) Old name for a common equine tumour.
15) Dirt and grease build up on the tack.
18) The more common name for a 'puckle'
26) The first truly great racehorse, or a pub in Stanton, Derbyshire.

the letters i have left are A, F, J, K, N, W, Z, but if you think you know any answers let me know anyway,

ps. 14 cannot be a melanoma as i have used that letter and there is no other answer!

thankyouuu
smile.gif

Aimee x

aimeeq94

Visit site
magicgirl- thats what i found, but is a male zebra crozz female donkey a hinny?
or is there another name for it?
x

Jorgi

Visit site
Are you sure you have all the other answers right? Only because Jonathan Swifts horses are called Houyhnhnms.

aimeeq94

Visit site
ive obviously got the H one wrong. it says male zebra cross female donkey, i thought that was a hinny? is there another name for it? or am i just completely wrong? :L

magicgirl

Visit site
From wikipedia
The offspring of a zebra-donkey cross is called a zonkey, zebroid, zebrass, or zedonk;[17] zebra mule is an older term, but still used in some regions today. The foregoing terms generally refer to hybrids produced by breeding a male zebra to a female donkey. Zebra hinny, zebret and zebrinny all refer to the cross of a female zebra with a male donkey. Zebrinnies are rarer than zedonkies because female zebras in captivity are most valuable when used to produce full-blooded zebras.[18] There are not enough female zebras breeding in captivity to spare them for hybridizing; there is no such limitation on the number of female donkeys breeding.

So take your pick