equine swimming.anyone used this?looking for centre by shrops

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
I've just booked my 4yo connie in for his first swim on Sunday due to a mild laminticy spell and I the work he needs to keep weight down/lami at bay is too much for his baby joints! So swimming it is :)

spacefaer

Visit site
There's a straight pool at Berkley Farm, near Kidderminster. Run by Cheryl Buck - she has a fb page.

Haven't taken horses swimming myself, but quite a few racehorse trainers use them for fitness work without stressing the legs.

Arniebear

Visit site
i cant help with ur area as dont live there! but i swam my lad when he was recovering from a tendon injury in 2014, he swam once a week for most of the summer, helped to get him fit without the strain on his legs, he loved it! id happily use it again and may well do when it reopens near me (closed for winter as outdoor pool) as the damn horse is back on restricted exercise due to yet another injury!

applecart14

Visit site
Yes its very good, especially for injuries to tendons as its a none weighbearing exercise.

Trouble is, it is also very expensive, the swim pool by me quoted me £25 a session last year when I fancied doing something a little different with my horse to get him a little fitter. Its okay if you are going through your insurance, but other than that, its quite a lot of extra to find every week!

They will only give them a couple of laps to start with as its extremely tiring to a horse to be swim, the round one I used to use in the 90's in Feckenham used to start with three laps on each 'rein' and then add a lap or two the following time you went. In those days it was only £10 a time, and £5 for the dog - we decided we would let her do a couple of laps but she wasn't keen!