equisafety purdy jacket - faulty

kotori

Visit site
I bought a reduced purdy jacket from equisafety. It was 80 reduced to 20 and they stated the main zip was of lower quality and that they won't take returns or give refunds etc. However, the jacket I received is not fit for purpose - totally unusable because the main zip barely works and one of the arm zips (it transforms into a gilet) doesn't work at all.

Despite being in breach of distance selling laws, and the sale of goods act (7 day cooling off period for all mail order items, item not fit for purpose) when I contacted the company they refused any help at all. No repair, replacement or refund. I have reported them to trading standards.

I am aware of three other customers who had the same problem - I wondered if anyone else had at all? Anyone had a resolution?

JJones

Visit site
Don't expect any kind of customer service from them. Perhaps an equisafety search will show you what I mean. Personally for that price I'd just get the zip fixed myself.

Edited to say they have been reported to trading standards a few times. One report from myself.

kotori

Visit site
I won't be buying anything at all from them in the future.

I was tempted to just fix it but after their "customer service" I felt it was more the fact that they are trading unlawfully to multiple customers that made me want to pursue.

Foolishly, I didn't Google before I bought, but after! They have a bit of a reputation! I usually Google before I buy online but seeing as this company are always in the magazines etc I thought they were legit. Foolish!

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
They are not interested in customer service, only in profit.
My stuff lasted about three weeks, and when my boy bucked [mini buck] the neckstrap burst. I still have the helmet band.

Last edited:

EstherYoung

Visit site
Mine is Ok (I mean, it's obviously a cheap jacket but it's ok), but we're currently awaiting a replacement arm for the other one we ordered as the lining is sewn faulty meaning you can't actually get your arm through it. It hasn't arrived yet, I'll let you know when it does....