Equissage...Would you...Do you??

Blue-bear

Visit site
As above really...
Does anyone here have one and if so how do you find it?
If not would you use one if you had the chance?

Ta
smile.gif

Peacelily

Visit site
have seen it - some people like it, some people don't, seems to work on a random chance whether people like it - or if they've had a horse which has responded well then they like it, if a horse hasn't responded, then they don't like it.....

I'm undecided also

jesterfaerie

Visit site
I know that someone near me that holds sessions for £20 so why don't you look into that first to see if your horse benefits from it as they are extremely expensive to buy.

Natch

Visit site
I have trained in a little equine sports massage, and think that a sports massage or series of them would produce better effects for an individual horse and be cheaper than purchasing an equissage.

If you are interested you could always do a mini course yourself (plenty of books about too but I found that a practical subject was better suited to hand-on teaching rather than learning from a book). It is legal and safe for you to treat your own horse with a massage providing that a qualified practitioner has shown you the basic do's and don'ts.

I think equissages have their places on big competition yards where they don't have time to massage each horse.

Rachellouise1

Visit site
I have always been interested, then by chance bumped into somebody I used to ride with, she now works for the company. She came out and I've bought one
crazy.gif
. Then I managed to frighten the poor bugger with it and I haven't managed to get near her with it since......
I have used the hand held unit everyday on her suspensory ligament injury though, worked a treat.
I got some inheritance and decieded that I was only going to be here once....
Hope thats of some help x

millitiger

Visit site
buy the equillibrium pad instead- less than a tenth of the price and i've only ever heard rave reviews.

mine love their equillibrium pad.

angela_l_b

Visit site
Just bought the equilibrium pad... had it 3 weeks and used it approx 5 times so far. it's for a horse recovering from a hind suspensory with back complications and so he is improving all the time, but I think it really helps his looseness when used before schooling. Previously I was frustrated that it took about half an hour just to do a simple warm up and as he wasn't fit I then only got 5 minutes or so of good work; now he warms up quicker and is instantly more loose. I find that after half an hour his back is warmer underneath the pad - not hot, just warm like under a rug - I think even this warmth must help the muscles to work better. I have't tried the equissage but I believe they do demos and a free trial so if you were going to go down this route then try it out thoroughly first. It's a lot of money for something that might not work!

gabanna

Visit site
get an equilibrium pad.... as said above, a fraction of the price, and horses seem to accept it really well, not as big and clumsy as the equissage unit. we use ours alot, and get good results with it.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
i have one (was given to me by someone!!!!!!), and TBH i never use it.
iv also got a magnetic pad and that does a far far better job on my 4yo(no issues), mums schoolmaster (older boy-13, so can be stiff) and our livery pony (tight over back). if the equissage hadnt been a gift i would sell it!

livery pony literally gets 5% more per test if she wears the magnetic pad on the trailer on way to a show.
my 4yo always swings over his back from the get go if he has it on and mums boy is softer in his neck.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I had one and found it through this forum, friend of a forum member was selling it. I used it quite a bit to begin with then it sat in the tack room gathering dust after the novelty wore off, I then sold it on ebay.

TBH I cannot say I noticed much difference to the horses way of going after using it. I have had better results with the equilibrium and magnetic rugs tbh. Have a look at classic dressage site, they have the equilibrium with free magnetic pad at the moment for £225.

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
My lad didn't like it all, he was tense all the way through - kinda pointless really. But as it was a freebie session at an event camp, I wasn't bothered. Glad I tried it like that rather than even paying £20 for a session to find out he didn't like it. I am intrigued by the equilibrium pads as it won't be as noisey, if at all, as the equissage.