Equitrek bubbling panels.

Minkybear

Visit site
I have had an Equitrek Multitreka 2015 from new which is (of course) out of warranty. It has in the past few weeks started to bubble along the bottom of the side panels, and also around one tie ring. This is so frustrating and worrying. The trailer is in the basic white, with grey stripes. Has anyone else had problems with theirs?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I looked at one of their 3.5 boxes a few years ago (like 10 years ago), and on the brand new box pointed out some flaky paint, mis cuts in the lining and bolt heads protruding - to be told "It's a horsebox not a car." So, I don't think you will have much chance of the company helping. Sorry.

sprytzer

Visit site
There’s a huge thread on FB today, Dodgy Horse Dealers and Sellers group, about Equitrek....a brand new lorry no less!
Seems there are quite a few people with multiple problems and zero customer service from Equitrek!

pootler

Visit site
I spent time looking over an Equitrek 3.5 lorry on display at Burghley this year. I was surprised at how poor the finish was on it - as Red-1 said above. I would have thought that the demonstrator they had for high footfall sales traffic would have been absolutely immaculate on principle. If they can't get it right at one of their biggest selling opportunities, what chance is there of buying one built with attention to detail and demonstrable care taken?

Sorry OP that doesn't help you, how far is it out of guarantee?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Not heard anything good about Equitrek. My dressage instructor spent a year battling to return hers as it had problem after problem. I think she was successful in the end.

Luci07

Visit site
I know the person with the (£100k) lorry. Have a look at her page "all the gear and no idea".

Better off to find a decent local trailer person to look at it for you.

HelenS

Visit site
Yes, I'm another one with osmosis in the panels. I bought a Sonic new in 2015. Within 8 months it looked as if the panels had rain drops all over them. I reported it to Equi-trek. The vehicle was re-panelled under warranty in the end, but not without a fight.

Minkybear

Visit site
It is 5 months out of the warranty period, but after taking advice from trading standards and (luckily) a friend who is in the legal profession, this is not a closed book. I was just hoping others would be able to share any similar experiences for added ammunition.

HelenS

Visit site
Thankyou HelenS for letting me know. Coincidence yours was 2015 aswell? They must have had a bad batch of panels.

Interesting isn't it. Mine wasn't the only one I was aware of at the time, I was told there was a trailer with the same problem. Apparently the panels were made in Italy. If you need a bit of a history of mine, I can give it you by pm. Good luck in fighting it, stay strong and hold your ground!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

Minkybear

Visit site
Thanks HelenS, The wheels are in motion. Not too sure how this forum works. Will pm for further details. Thank you.

Last edited:

Minkybear

Visit site
Thank you Luci07, I have seen the FB story and feel lucky I only bought a trailer! I will contact her, and have messaged HelenS on this forum to get more info. It is bad to expect the dealer to have to make good when it is the manufacturer-Equitrek-who are responsible. The trouble is, we are stuck with what the law tells us to do. It sounds like any one who bought an Equitrek product manufactured in 2015 should check it over for bubbling, as there seems to be a number out there built using some suspect panels?

HelenS

Visit site
Thank you Luci07, I have seen the FB story and feel lucky I only bought a trailer! I will contact her, and have messaged HelenS on this forum to get more info. It is bad to expect the dealer to have to make good when it is the manufacturer-Equitrek-who are responsible. The trouble is, we are stuck with what the law tells us to do. It sounds like any one who bought an Equitrek product manufactured in 2015 should check it over for bubbling, as there seems to be a number out there built using some suspect panels?

Sent you a pm just now Minkybear.