Equitrek Space Treka 111

iestynlad

Visit site
Have read a lot of the posts about Equitrek trailers and breast bar seems to be an issue esp for ponies which I have, any ideas/comments/criticisms about the Space Treka 111 - rear ramp, herringbone so no breastbar. Any ideas on quality of build am thinking of buying less than 2 yo. Lorry getting on a bit and already have a tow vehicle.
anyone towed with a Mitsubishi Barbarian - appreciate any comments.

wkiwi

Visit site
not space trekka, but my landlady bought a trail trekka from new:
Product mostly good but some issues. Two significant ones - asked to have them fixed while still under warranty - one important one not fixed (but we didn't realise they only fixed the bent bit, not the problem itself) and it gave a very nice young horse who was a fantastic traveller a bad fright that she still hasn't got over completely (item fixed successfully by a professional horse truck person). Another item on it replaced but my landlady was charged even though it was under warranty. Had to cite the Consumer Goods Act to get a refund, which did come but without the credit card fee or an apology.

Trail trekka is side loading and (other than the one problem now fixed) the horses all seem to load and travel fantastically in it, so would recommend but get someone else to check the one you are buying, and make lists and get it signed off if it needs to go back under warranty. Although i realise that different service centres in different areas will have different standards (and maybe we just hit a bad day), but i would now do this regardless of product and brand if i didn't know the person.

Last edited:

Street_Skill

Visit site
I have had a Space Trekka M for the past two years. I bought it second hand for a horse who had had a horrendous accident in an Ifor Williams and turned into a terrible loader as a result. I have had absolutely no problems with it, and said terrible loader will now pretty much load himself, and when I took him out last week he jumped from the bottom of the ramp to the top and had so much momentum he practically headbutted the far wall in his haste to get on board. He also travles like a dream and you never hear a peep out of him. All credit to Equitrek products for restoring his confidence.

Is your breast bar concern that the ponies may be able to get under it? If so, I had a to the floor solid breast bar fitted in my trailer to prevent any silly accidents with my TB. It has worked a treat and I would really recommend it as an additional extra. They can be fitted retrospectively too so they are easy to install in a second hand trailer.

I love my trailer so much that I have ordered a Show Trekka as a step up in order to get a bit of living and the option to stay overnight (just qualified for our BD Area Festival so great timing!). I'm picking it up tomorrow and I can't wait!!