Equitrek trailer axel problem

openshaw

New User
Visit site
Has anybody had any issues with axels bending on equitrek show trekka?? Been told they are fitting heavier axel now due to issues with them bending??

Louby

Visit site
I remember reading on here about a member whos axle snapped. Im sure you will get lots of replies later on.

Visit site
yeah i have had problems. First new show trekka the wheel sheared off the axel while i was towing both my horses! Front axel then bent so both had to be replaced. Lost confidence in it so changed it for a new show trekka and the axel bent on that too so had to get another axel. After that i got shot of it pretty quickly as i became nervous of towing. Wouldnt touch another one. Never got a reply to my complaint either from company

baggyb

Visit site
I had one of the first one of these trailers and within siz months it had two new axles on it. The company were spectacularly unhelpful and finally told me I was misusing the trailer by travelling one horse on the nearside!! I got rid of it sharpish and would never touch another product from this company - I would rather hack everywhere!!

openshaw

New User
Visit site
thanks for the reply, my front lhs axel has bent and my mechanic has contacted equitrek who have said they have had problems and now fit a heavier axel!! surely i thought this would constitute a safety re call on these trailers?? if it was a ford or vw car I think there would be hell to play. I have friends with these trailers who also tell me after sales is very poor! we only travel 12.2 show pony so weight not an issue!

Hollyberry

Visit site
This has really frightened me, I bought a new space trekka in June last year but have never used it due to horse going lame. I was looking forward to using it this year and felt confident that being a new trailer it was very safe!! Now I am very, very worried. Was this problem on the older equitreks or are the new ones a problem as well?

openshaw

New User
Visit site
mine is a late 2006 model so only 3yrs old. Check with equitrek what weight axel they have used...think my mechanic said mine has 1300kg but now recommend 1500kg...please dont quote me on this but you get the picture!!