Eventing ERM 2019 - no Blenheim, Blair or Barbury!

Denbob

Visit site
I feel a bit selfish for being so annoyed! It's great that there are so many exciting venues across Europe but i'll definitely miss Barbury from the calendar, my favourite to attend. Good to see an Irish venue though, don't know much about Millstreet but might look into a weekend away for that one...

ihatework

Visit site
To be honest I’d imagine scheduling them in the programme of the bigger UK events is a PITA for the organisers!

At the end of the day it’s an international competition not a UK one so it makes sense to spread the venues out. Hopefully it will bring more profile to some events that are less supported and as such develop them into places that the top guys and gals go to regularly.

Denbob

Visit site
To be honest I’d imagine scheduling them in the programme of the bigger UK events is a PITA for the organisers!

At the end of the day it’s an international competition not a UK one so it makes sense to spread the venues out. Hopefully it will bring more profile to some events that are less supported and as such develop them into places that the top guys and gals go to regularly.

Very true!

waggit

Visit site
Just read the e-mail and was surprised to see how international they have gone. Will miss Barbury as well but really happy to see so many events on line. I am not in a position to travel to events any more and live streaming is a godsend. May can't come fast enough !

Mule

Visit site
I feel a bit selfish for being so annoyed! It's great that there are so many exciting venues across Europe but i'll definitely miss Barbury from the calendar, my favourite to attend. Good to see an Irish venue though, don't know much about Millstreet but might look into a weekend away for that one...
Milstreet is nice. I was at an international there a few years back. The owner has put a lot of money in to the place and it shows.

teapot

Visit site
I'm actually quite pleased - I really noticed a change in 'feel' of the events which were hosting ERM legs. They'd started to detract from the main event, say the Blenheim three day 3* imho.

Orangehorse

Visit site
As the above, mixed feelings. I think it did detract from the main event, to the extent that I wondered who had won the main class.

I think it is good that the competition is going to Europe to involved riders and spectators from all over; I wonder how many Brits will be tempted to travel the long distances?

I watched some of the ERM on computer, but in the end I wondered what I usually did with my Saturday afternoons!

Reactions: TPO