Erm.....Olympics SJ...idiotic question.....

Apalacia01

Visit site
If its a 3-Day event, why is the SJ tomorrow? Am I missing something....I thought it had to be consecutive days.

Will delete post as soon as responses gotten so don't seem like too much of an idiot!

thedunthing

Visit site
i dont really know i think it might be happening today but shown tommorow i would wait for another reply though because i dont really know either lol

skewbaldpony

Visit site
time difference. the xc, being held out of doors, was held v early morning, to get the cool of the day (v early HK time so +7)
SJ the next day, under lights, held in the evening so hence lunch time here, presumably also to get the cooler temps, but better audience availability.
so in other words, two days, but from early am one, to late pm the other.
does that make sense?

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
At the LA Olympics [of 1984] the 3 day event took nearly 6 days, there were two days of dressage, then a day to travel to where the cross country was, the day of the cross country (long format in them thar days), then a day travelling back to where the showjumping was, then the day of the showjumping ...

And to think Toddy's riding at this year's Olympics as well!

TarrSteps

Visit site
As above, it's standard now to hold the dressage and sj at the "main" venue and then ship to the xc so there has to be an allowance for travelling. How long depends on how far, obviously, but generally horses don't ship and compete on the same day.

It does rather complicate things and it's one of the major objections raised to keeping Eventing in the Games.