ERQI ratings in BE

paddi22

Visit site
(Just a musing and not aimed at any particular badminton riders - more a theoretical question!.) I know very little about British Eventing as I do the irish version. I was just wondering has the ERQI system started there yet?

From looking at some of the badminton accidents, and then having a very quick nosey at their BE records, it seems to be me (and i repeat again im very very happy to be corrected, i just had a quick glance and dont understand the system 100%) that some of the riders would not have been allowed enter the class with the ERQI system in ireland at the moment, as they hadn't proven consistent form near and on that level.

So i guess my question is, is ERQI in BE yet, and does anyone think, if it had been implemented then it would have affected some rider's eligability to enter?

Lexi_

Visit site
They're piloting it this year but only at one day level if I've read this article correctly - http://eventingnation.com/british-eventing-to-pilot-risk-ratings-system-in-2017-season/

If it's successful (and I can't see why it wouldn't be - it's a great idea) then presumably fully in place in 2018? I think it would definitely have affected some of the results at Badminton this year but then again there were quite a few high profile tip-ups as well!

sportsmansB

Visit site
I score for Eventing Ireland where ERQI is operational this season
Not sure how it would work at 4* where clear rounds XC are obviously much more scarce, as are the number of runs to build form at the level. Would need perhaps to include advanced and 3* form which might be better in many partnerships cases.
Biggest surprise from Ireland is the opposition among PARENTS!!! To this new safety feature.

paddi22

Visit site
I score for Eventing Ireland where ERQI is operational this season
Not sure how it would work at 4* where clear rounds XC are obviously much more scarce, as are the number of runs to build form at the level. Would need perhaps to include advanced and 3* form which might be better in many partnerships cases.
Biggest surprise from Ireland is the opposition among PARENTS!!! To this new safety feature.

really?? is it parents being frustrated that their kids don't just have a straight trajectory up the levels?

if it is then ive heard the same few moans from people bringing high class babies out and then not being happy about being stuck at a level or downgraded cause of run outs xc. I think its such a good system and works so well. There were a fair few people got a shock at having to shift down a level or two. it has definitely weeded out the people who might only go clear a few times all season.