Eucalyptus and Iodoform for fungal infections in hooves

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
In the past I have always used Eucalyptus and Iodoform to treat fungal infections in the hoof - my old farrier recommended it and my old vet used to have bottles of the stuff made up. I have now moved away from that part of the country and no vet or farrier down here has ever come across it. I have asked the vet to make me up a bottle and he keeps saying I need the life data hoof disinfectant but to be honest I have never found that works. So I am going to have to resort to getting the chemists to make it up for me - but I have no idea of ratios - Can anyone tell me what ratio iodoform to eucalyptus I should use.

I have found this to be phenomenally successful for treating feet and it lasts forever as you only use a small amount, my last bottle lasted me 4 years which is why I have only just come across this problem.

_daisy_

Visit site
i used to make my own up of 1 part eucalyptus oil, 1 part iodine to 5 parts hoof oil. It worked great on my horses feet, and highly recommended by my farrier when he found out what i was using. Also very simple and cheap to make (probably far cheaper than buying it off the vet)

Nari

Visit site
Don't know what ratio you'd mix it up as but Antibac is the same thing.

Could you ring your old vet & ask what proprtions they used? Or even if they could send you some.