European eventing championships on TV.

neddy man

Visit site
Sunday 1st Occtober channel 601 10am morning session of the showjumping section, 12-40pm afternoon session of theshowjumping section Then on BBC2 at 4-15 till 6pm are highlights of the competition.

Sasana Skye

Visit site
I bet that log into the water is influential. I need Diocalm after just looking at that one.

And yet they just popped over it like it was nothing...I've been having nightmares about diagonal hanging logs into water since Barbury, you couldn't get me over that for all the money in the world.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i found harry's commentary a bit odd, he seemed to be talking as though he was on radio and was describing what was happening as if we couldnt see it, got on my nerves in the end...

Velcrobum

Visit site
Watching on i.player and have discovered the XC numbers they are wearing are XC start numbers not competition numbers. Why oh why is this being done as have leaderboard on one tab and i.player on another tab and could not understand why an early competitor was stopped abruptly on course. Turns out she missed a fence (silly girl) but her competition number was 72 not the XC bib number. Bah humbug etc etc etc............

Chiffy

Visit site
I watched most of yesterday. Not keen on Harry’s commentary. I agree he says things that you can see and he seems to want to squeeze in all his knowledge!
You have explained something to me Velcro. Someone rang me up and I was watching on silent when two in a row fell at the painted bird in the water. I saw that they were 17 and 18 or maybe 18 and 19. When I looked them up, I couldn’t find them!

hobo

Visit site
Thank you Velcrobum I wondered what made her get stopped but guessed when she slapped her head that she may have missed a fence I also thought the stop was a bit brave/stupid of the steward as the horse was near enough locked on to the fence.
I also missed Mike Tucker he brought it alive though I did laugh at one of harry's comment that was straight out of one of my lessons I could hear my instructor in the room.

Visit site
I dont watch eventing ever, as in once every few years if I happen to catch it on tv in passing and I have 5mins to spare.

Caught 5mins just now of the xc and walked away. Kitty King slamming on her horses back and sawing its mouth of. Then the French guy after her was all over the shop.

I think I will stick to racing where I expecr some bad riding at all levels let alone the top tier!

scotlass

Visit site
I quite enjoyed the BBC coverage. Nick Luck is warming on me, even if he doesn't have the technical experience of Mike Tucker / Ian Stark. Harry Meade came over as a bit robotic.

Seemed to be repeated a few times during both the XC and showjumping coverage about this being the time for Oliver Townend to be a "team player".

Favourite round in the showjumping was Sweden's Louise Romeike and Waikiki 207. Lovely, honest looking horse who went round in a super rhythm.