Euthanasia cost

racebuddy

Visit site
I have just had my beloved horse put to sleep yesterday , just wanting to know roughly cost really , crem fee ect is extra but for callout put to sleep jus sedation , I am thinking a couple of hundred x xmany thanks

Nudibranch

Visit site
Last time a vet pts it cost me £140 but that was only because they deducted the cost of the actual injecting due to messing it up big time. So I would guess maybe £200 in all. Sorry to hear about your horse, it is always so hard.

Puzzled

Visit site
£254 for our old mare in September. That included a Saturday morning visit charge. So sorry to hear of your loss :-(

JDH01

Visit site
Sorry to hear of your loss, in my experience the price can vary from £150 to £350 depending on vets practice. Cremation costs are very varied .

Alec Swan

Visit site
Yesterday I too put down two youngsters. Had the Knackerman put them down, then there would have been no cost beyond the incineration charge which is £240 each. As it was they both had to go together so there was my Vet's charge to call out and sedate both animals before they were shot. I didn't ask for a quote from the Vet as it was an irrelevance. I wanted an ethical end where neither was aware of what was happening to the other. It went well, considering.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Alec.