Even more wrongness

doodle

Visit site
Saddle fitter just been. Highly highly recommend her to anyone in the region. Up shot is vet is coming this afternoon as he is not right behind. I could see what she was saying. I guess this is a perfect excuse that now I can’t go to hospital. If he is never ridden again that is fine but I hate to think he is not right.

Baywonder

Visit site
Oh no @Kamikaze - I think you are due a break from all the crap you are having thrown at you lately. I hope all goes well with the vet - please keep us all updated.

Roxylola

Visit site
Ah, that's not good obviously, but does indicate why you've had a few issues recently. Fingers crossed for something straightforward and fixable. Keep strong for him, you'll conquer this x

Annagain

Visit site
Sorry to hear he's not right and I know it's the natural thing to expect the worst but there's no reason to believe he'll never be ridden again. It could be something very simple that a bit of rest will sort out. Fingers crossed for you

doodle

Visit site
Also feel guilty that it was warmer last night and he had cosy rug on. Turned out this morning without checking how warm he was. Back in an hour later for saddler to find him sweating under rug. Back out in thinner rug again.

Annagain

Visit site
Also feel guilty that it was warmer last night and he had cosy rug on. Turned out this morning without checking how warm he was. Back in an hour later for saddler to find him sweating under rug. Back out in thinner rug again.

You have nothing to feel guilty about. You want the best for him and do everything with his wellbeing in mind. None of us get it right 100% of the time. You misjudged the weather, he got a bit warm for a few hours, you dealt with it, it's no biggie - he won't remember it by this afternoon so neither should you. You do a great job of looking after him and your love for him is clear to everyone on here.

Bernster

Visit site
I think sometimes that, once you start poking a bit and doing some checks, other bits seem to fall off too. If you know what I mean! It’s rubbish and it can get you down as it seems a be one thing and then another but your horse will def appreciate your taking care of him and doing the best to keep him comfortable.

atropa

Visit site
Kamikaze, do you know how we all know you're a great owner? Because you haul yourself over hot coals worrying about slight mishaps with your lovely horse. There are so, so many undeserving people out there who do not care about the wrong weight rug, about their horse not being quite right behind, etc etc. You are one of the good ones and he is very lucky to have you looking after him. I know that sometimes thing after thing can go wrong with horses, I have been there myself where I felt for over a year nothing was going right for me with two of mine, but it can and will get better. Hang in there.

doodle

Visit site
Atropa thank you. That made me cry (in a nice way). I have just cried over crisis team again, I have no idea where all these tears are coming from. I just want what’s best for him, he is such a lovely kind horse.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Honestly I think you just have to accept that none of us can be perfect horse owners. All you can do is try your best for them, which you clearly are. It’s taken me a long time to accept this, and stop beating myself up every time something goes wrong. We can just try our best, learn from our mistakes and treat each day as a new day. Hugs to you, sounds like you are going through a tough time right now. All he knows is that you are there, you’re showing up and giving him the care he needs and lots of love and really that’s all that matters.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
He loved the saddler. She gave him cuddles and scritches and said he was handsome!
So nice when you find a professional who’s not only good at their job but nice to the horse aswell!
Maybe this is the start of going forward? Sorry I’m not sure if your story but knowing where an issue is will be a great place to start? ?

Visit site
I am sure he will be fine in the long run and has possibly just tweaked something being a twonk!

I was surprised at how warm it was this morning when I left the house at 6am! I was considering taking the Darties rug off this morning (yes he is a native pony, no he isn't clipped, yes he is rugged because he is the most pathetic creature known to man kind!) I am glad a didn't now this rain has hit again!

doodle

Visit site
Vet been. Yep he is lame. Think probably has injured his hock or stifle when he went for a run through sewn field. It’s not bad lameness though and nothing to be found. For now stop riding and Danilon for 5 days. If still lame will start with the nerve blocks and xrays. We know 6 weeks ago he was sound so I think that is good.

babymare

Visit site
Kamikaze gosh the weather is all over the place at moment and I bet there are many getting the rugs "wrong" at moment lol. Please be kind to yourself. You are a damn good owner because you go every mile to do right by your boy. You ask questions. You worry and I mean that kindly. Jeez there are so many poor souls out there that would love just 5% of the care and love you give your lad. ? X

Marnie

Visit site
Fingers crossed that it is something simple that a bit of rest and some Danilon will sort. And I feel your pain over rugs - the weather goes from bitter to warm and sunny at the drop of a hat where I am at the moment.

Trouper

Visit site
Well I can't even get the heating right in the house at the moment so rugging a horse would stand no chance of 100% accuracy this mad weather.
Do you ever think that the horse might just have come to you for a reason? Some of them need more care than others so just consider yourself "specially selected" and carry on doing all you are doing. I hope this is a short-lived problem.