Event horse for sale

milz88

Visit site
I know this has been done to death recently.... but, the horse I had planned to buy failed a vetting. I'm trawling horsequest, horse deals, horse mart etc but not finding anything I want to go and see. (I have one viewing lined up on Saturday) but in the mean time....Does anyone know anything for sale at the moment.

16.1-16.2, 5-8yo, gelding, must be correct on the flat, scopey, and bold xc. MUST hack. Ideally very ready to BE or has already had a few runs, ready to crack on with the aim of Blenheim BE100 riding club eventer challenge in September.

ISH, WB X smart type. Up to £11k. I'm sure this is possible? I've put out a few feelers, local eventers are keeping their ears open for me etc.

Thanks all! :)

rotters13

Visit site
Hmmm... I'm sure you've looked but maybe try pony club website?

Otherwise I suspect everyone is sitting on their superstars till the end of the summer (as I am). If you're still looking then, let me know?

Poor you - it's incredibly frustrating!

becca1305

Visit site
In your shoes I'd head to an event horse producer with a good reputation. They will be starting to get horses out and about schooling and competing ready to be sold. What level would you be aiming to compete at in the future?

ihatework

Visit site
If you would consider a 4yo then I know of something nice and it is close by for you (Oxford). He should be ready for the 4yo classes should you wish to be out this season.

georgiegirl

Visit site
Last edited:

milz88

Visit site
In your shoes I'd head to an event horse producer with a good reputation. They will be starting to get horses out and about schooling and competing ready to be sold. What level would you be aiming to compete at in the future?

Hi, yes good shout. This is what I'm trying to do. I'd rather buy from an event rider who has a reputation to uphold and who has hopefully produced the horse correctly. I'm not after a project.

I've emailed a few riders close to me and some of the more well known producers most have got back to me but I haven't quite found the one yet.

Any recommendations on who else I could email that produces nice horses? I'd be willing to go older to 8yrs if it's done a bit more and is the right horse. May even push to £12k.

becca1305

Visit site
Not sure where you are based, would Leicestershire be an acceptable travelling distance for you? I know a very good producer who I bought both my mares from, both exactly as described, she does a fabulous job producing young horses for eventing (and hunting).

milz88

Visit site
Not sure where you are based, would Leicestershire be an acceptable travelling distance for you? I know a very good producer who I bought both my mares from, both exactly as described, she does a fabulous job producing young horses for eventing (and hunting).

Leicestershire no probs! :)

P.s Woody is too far away jnhuk, thank you for looking though.

Matafleur

Visit site
Have you tried the Warren's and possibly Vere Phillips? Although not sure about your budget for an older horse from Vere, should get a cracking youngster though!

Or, if you're feeling more adventurous, Richard Sheane in Ireland? Probably get a bit more for your money, if only through the exchange rate.

Or Andrea Verdina? Wayne Garrick? Just trying to think of anyone that may have possibles for you to have a look at. That is a great budget so surely you'll be able to find something. Don't discount something a bit greener, my last horse did her first Intro in May and her first Novice in October as a 5 yr old and I am a (really not very good!) amateur that works full time. You just may have more luck finding something.

Good luck and have fun!

milz88

Visit site
Have you tried the Warren's and possibly Vere Phillips? Although not sure about your budget for an older horse from Vere, should get a cracking youngster though!

Or, if you're feeling more adventurous, Richard Sheane in Ireland? Probably get a bit more for your money, if only through the exchange rate.

Or Andrea Verdina? Wayne Garrick? Just trying to think of anyone that may have possibles for you to have a look at. That is a great budget so surely you'll be able to find something. Don't discount something a bit greener, my last horse did her first Intro in May and her first Novice in October as a 5 yr old and I am a (really not very good!) amateur that works full time. You just may have more luck finding something.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the reply, Warren don't have anything. I will send Wayne a message though. :)

I'd love to go to Ireland but horse must meet mums approval and she hates flying and doesn't have a passport so buying unseen is too much of a risk and not really feasible.

I contacted Vere and he said he's on the look out, may be able to do something within my budget, just waiting.

Does anybody have any views on buying from Andrea Verdina... Think I have heard mixed reviews but he had a nice one for 8.5k but I didn't go to see it due to not knowing him as a dealer.

In an ideal world I would get something younger and a little greener that I can play about at bringing on at 80/90 this season, nice and steady. But I have quite a few forces competitions coming up that are 1m/1.05 including the Blenheim eventer challenge that we have a team for, so realistically to be ready for that I need something that has done a little more. :) hence having to up my budget a bit.

I'm seeing a nice looking one at Emilie Chandlers on Saturday so I hold out hope yet.

MissGee

Visit site
My farrier was telling me about a lovely event horse he/his wife has in for sale the other day. Sounded nice and thought a shame I didn't know anyone looking... I'll pm you his number ;)

becca1305

Visit site
Will PM you name & website link, don't want to break the t&cs! Even if theres nothing on the website to suit I'd still give her a buzz as may well have some that haven't made the website yet :)

alfirules

Visit site
Try Nicky Roncoroni NBR eventing, specializes in producing young horses from backing up to 4 star and currently has a few for sale, definitely worth a call...