Event Masters live feed from Chatsworth

teapot

Visit site
Kitty doesn't need to run the horse into the ground, he is young still. I heard he had a bit of a meltdown at the start but didn't see it, was headed home by then. Classy classy horse.

Izzy horse was impressive in the SJ but didn't start xc

It wasn't a criticism, was merely posting what she had said herself and what the commentary said given he's only nine.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Kitty's horse was indeed classy, he was a really clean show jumper. We watched all of The Masters at the Ice Pond, and Kitty didn't look to come through there any slower than anyone else. The fence judge said it had got all its time penalties right at the start, but that's just second hand news.

I felt sorry for Andrew Nicholson. We were right but the fence his horse stopped at. He'd got himself back in the saddle and would have been able to carry on if the bridle hadn't come off. He even tried to get it back on himself at first without dismounting.

Oli fell in the last section, he was going really well up until then, just left a leg at a rail the fence after the first water, the horse pretty much did a rotational fall, but luckily Oli was chucked forward and rolled and rolled sideways down the sloped landing out of the way. Both were OK, he got back on and rode home.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Yea that was bizarre and unlucky for AN. It didn't look the easiest bridle to put back on (not that this is one thing I have experience of at all :p ).

Urgh. Enough with the rotational falls already. Can we just not do them any more please? :( Glad they're ok :eek3:

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Emma Hyslop-Webb's fall on Waldo 111 at fence 15 in the CIC Challenge Sec B (the Derbyshire Life Double), was another properly scary one. The horse rolled over her after they both crashed out. It was a huge relief to see her able to hobble to the ambulance after a course hold. Her air jacket must have helped to prevent more serious injury.

Nicola Wilson had fallen at the same fence a few minutes previously with the lovely black mare Bulana. Nicola was quickly up on her feet but the mare was winded and stayed down for longer.

oldvic

Visit site
Yea that was bizarre and unlucky for AN. It didn't look the easiest bridle to put back on (not that this is one thing I have experience of at all :p ).

Urgh. Enough with the rotational falls already. Can we just not do them any more please? :( Glad they're ok :eek3:

I'm not sure any bridle is easy to put on when you are sitting on the horse and the noseband and throatlash are done up! I don't think there was anything complicated about the bridle itself.

VRIN

Visit site
H&H reported that Kitty king lost 30secs in the start box as her horse was the last to go and with the start being near the finish the horse didn't 'want' to go from the start box

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm not sure any bridle is easy to put on when you are sitting on the horse and the noseband and throatlash are done up! I don't think there was anything complicated about the bridle itself.

If the horse stands still, it's easy enough ;)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
H&H reported that Kitty king lost 30secs in the start box as her horse was the last to go and with the start being near the finish the horse didn't 'want' to go from the start box

Yes I saw that. What a shame. Especially as he went so well once out.

Andrew did almost get the bridle back on himself, but the horse moved his jaw and the bit dropped out and it was a bit game over then.

Orangehorse

Visit site
I am back after all 3 days, first time I have been to chatsworth (not the house the event). It was lovely. It was really nice to be able to sit down and watch dressage and show jumping and not feel like having to rush off. There was so much to see and do it was almost difficult to choose. I saw some of the Arena Eventing and watched a gundog training display and saw the whole of both the scurry driving classes. I have never seen so many dogs at an event before! I guess this was because of the constant dog show events! There was also lots of entertainment for children, but I think if they did all that there mightn't be enough time for all the cross country as well.

The only real criticism was the quality of the sound/loudspeaker system for the cross country and I wasn't the only person who said that. I had no idea how the course was riding and didn't hear of any of the problems. The only way to find out was by looking at the score board near the arena to see how many were clear and what the times were like. I had no impression of how the course was riding, although it seemed as though most were clear, I didn't hear about any falls and only a couple of refusals. And this was while I was walking the course with the competition in full flow, I wasn't sitting down by the arenas. I watched the CC on Saturday and Sunday and could hardly hear a thing.

I didn't see Kitty King having problems, due to the huge crowd, but there were lots of "oohs and ahs" so I reckon he was having a serious nap. It was a huge shame for her as she had done so well up to then. Rather galling for the Brits to see 3 Frenchmen walk off with the top prizes.

Overall I really enjoyed the weekend and I would recommend going.