Event Riders.com

Nic

Visit site
I'll second that!
mad.gif

To start with i relied quite heavily on the site to choose nice 1st time courses so am miffed to get sod all for my £26
mad.gif

Thistle

Visit site
Perhaps we should start a thread or maybe PM's and try to organise something. It has been a real rip off, just because it's an internet service doesn't mean they should get away with it.

They are probably holidaying somewhere exotic with all our money.

£26 would pay for half a set of shoes.

Thistle

Visit site
Because when you try to email them it's page not found. Did send them a direct email months ago asking why site was not being updated and how I felt it was not a fair service and got no reply.

lifeslemons

www.eventingworldwide.com
EVERYONE!

The website used to be owned and run by Hilary Manners. However, it has recently been taken over by someone new (don't know who) and this explains why it has now all gone wrong.

Hilary has set up a new site called www.eventingworldwide.com. It contains all the material from the old site, plus even more... including forums and more extensive reports, pictures, videos etc.

Membership is free for all in August as a taster. Visit it NOW, it is fantastic. It launched at the start of the month at already is the leader in the equestrain reporting market (no offense H+H!)

www.eventingworldwide.com
FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE

Nic

Visit site
I have already registered for EWW and think it is a fab site.

The problem is that we have all paid 1 years membership to ER.com & have so far not had our monies worth.

dieseldog

Visit site
And how long before Hilary sells out to someone else and pulls the same trick, shes done it once. She's now set up another website, probably with the money made by selling the first one, and wants everyone to pay a 2nd membership fee to the new website which the 1st set of subscriptions has paid for.

This is just my opinion and is purely based on assumptions, I did buy a memebership at the end of may so I got my moneys worth.

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And how long before Hilary sells out to someone else and pulls the same trick, shes done it once. She's now set up another website, probably with the money made by selling the first one, and wants everyone to pay a 2nd membership fee to the new website which the 1st set of subscriptions has paid for.

This is just my opinion and is purely based on assumptions, I did buy a memebership at the end of may so I got my moneys worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick and have formed completely the wrong opinion of Hilary and the new site.

Hilary Manners never owned eventriders.com, the site was and still is owned by David White and Hilary was employed as the editor of eventriders.com. Hilary left her job as editor and set up eventingworldwide.com. The money for doing this did not come from eventriders.com subscriptions, as she was simply a paid employee of er.com, and any suggestion that she pulled any kind of 'trick' is an insult to the integrity of both sites and the hard work that the eventingworldwide.com team have put into setting up the new site.

Thistle

Visit site
I suppose time will tell with the new site, but I'm afraid there are alot of VERY disgruntled members of ER.com who would like to see some investigation of what has happened.

BBs

Visit site
Thank you Megan!

I know Hilary, and I know the information you have submitted is correct. David and Hilary had different ideas for er.com hence why Hilary had to leave and set up on her own.

I can totally understand ppls reactions, but DD you are way off on your assumption of whats happend.

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
If the problem is with er.com, they have an online contact form where you can let them know your grievances.

If the problem is with the new site, I ask you to take note of my earlier post and please be assured that eventingworldwide.com was set up to provide a better and more comprehensive service for eventing fans and hopefully you can make full use of the month's free membership and see the quick updating, wider range of reports, quality photos etc. I also think that the decision by the columnists on er.com to follow Hilary to the new site speaks volumes.

Nic

Visit site
I certainly don't have a problem with EWW as it's free for now as not everything is up & running yet but the parts that are already look more comprehensive than ER.

I'm feeling a little disgruntled at paying £26 for not a lot
frown.gif

BBs

Visit site
Dont blame you Nic!

I thankfully didnt pay for er.com due to reporting for them from the beginning - however, if I was asked to contribute money for the site now i wouldnt and i wouldnt feel i am missing out on it either.

dieseldog

Visit site
Lifelemons stated in their post that Hilary had owned and sold er.com. I apologise for assuming that this was true.

I'm just upset that I bought a years membership in May as a birthday present for someone.... great present thats turned out to be.

Well lets hope David White gets his **** in gear and doesn't just let the site die.

SpruceRI

Visit site
They are at least advertising for more journalists so maybe it's just that they're a bit thin on the ground staff-wise at the moment. That's still no excuse though, should have contingencies in place to cover this sort of thing. I can get in on the site OK, just not so many write ups as last year.