Event Saddles - Recommendations

huskimo12

Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for an event monoflap saddle for my WB x.

I like the devoucoux chilberta and know that they fit her well but before buying I would really like to consider some other makes and models as saddles are so blooming expensive!!

Any recommendations on other makes and models and also if any one knows of any saddlers which would have a good range in stock (new or second hand) for me to try in the South Wales and West area?

Any suggestions gratefully received :)

Thanks

Dusty85

Visit site
I had a Prestige Paris K Monoflap- absolutley loved it. They don't come up that often, and fetch a good price second hand. The tree is also adjustable.

Also- I second the equipe mono flap recommendation- I recently rode in one and it was lovely. Very similar to the Prestige.

Llee94

Visit site
Mine it isn't a monoflap (but it does ride like one). I love my Kentaur Eventer 1 (I have an older one). Great value for money and so comfortable! Plus they are relatively cheap to buy new.

georgiegirl

Visit site
Im just in the process of getting a Walsall/Exselle Integra made up (with a couple of very slight alterations for myself) Lovely lovely saddles to ride in, cant wait! :)

EventingMum

Visit site
Impalas are great saddles for the money .
I am addicted however, to patriots I have seven.

Patriots don't look pretty but are fab saddles, my son loves them and wouldn't have anything else for jumping and Albions for dressage - My horse came with a dressage and a jumping Devoucoux and I wouldn't pay the money for them even second hand I'm afraid, not comfortable at all.

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Not very fashionable these days but I do love my Albion and seem to get on with them well. Height seems to make a difference; are you particularly tall? A lot of the tall pros use Butet but I find (after the Albion) a bit exposed. Perhaps that's to do with my height (5'5") or my less secure seat/leg! I used to work for a rider who only used Devoucoux and I loved their dressage saddles particularly. If I could afford one I'd definitely want to try one at least!

huskimo12

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I'm not very tall 5ft 6 and the mare is 15.2.

I have Albions for my other mare but I just don't like them on this one find them a bit too bulky on her.

I am yet to find an ideal saddle I like but as there are a few recommendations I think I should certainly consider the Impala.

I am currently jumping her in a style which I don't dislike however if I hack out in in my seat bones know about it the next day!!

The main thing is that it fits her my issue now is finding a saddler who would have some of these saddles in stock that I could try some of them.

Any suggestions on saddlers. I am in South Wales but prepared to travel to see someone who would have a few saddles I could try.