Event stallion suggestions please

RobinHood

Visit site
My friend is looking to put her 16hh tb mare in foal to an event stallion. The mare is solid enough but doesn't have a lot of bone so wants to put her to something that will give her a good event horse type. The mare has just had a massive colt even though the sire was only 15hh so her next husband musn't be too much over the 16hh mark.

So far she has singled out uptons deli circus, greenbank harlequin, primitive proposal and welton double cracker. Any comments on these or does anyone rate something else?

Thankyou in advance.

Bossanova

Visit site
McGuigan, has produced two absolutely stunning foals for us, though sadly the mare aborted both late on.

He stands out from many others with his temperament and bold, get on with it attitude. Plus he's one of the most sucessful eventing sires, competition wise, around.

DollyPentreath

Visit site
For a full tb mare that requires a little more bone but still with quality movement Id suggest Song Song Blue. He's warmblood (!) but take a look at his record and his pedgree, my full tb mare has gone to him this year/will go next year, to hopefully produce a WBxTB foal with some serious class... His temperament and attitude at Badminton stallion parade was also second to none this year.

I've never been that keen on Welton horses, but that's personal preference, one which I have no logical reason for!! Uptons Deli Circus is a Shaab baby so I love his attitude and he will add substance, again, I think his record speaks for itself, although I wasn't keen on his piccies at the gradings, which was disappointing. Having seen him compete on a couple of occaisions though, I thought he was cracking.

Primitive Proposal isn't a patch on his Daddy IMO.. I loved Mill Law, but I don't think he'd add much to a fine TB mare, which is why I personally didn't choose him.

Another stallion that might be worth a look is Weston Justice, fabulous looking stallion with an excellent record..

htobago

Visit site
Yes! How about Med Night Mahout? He's an Intermediate Eventer (only 2 points off Advanced), by JUMBO so plenty of bone, only 16hh, throwing very nice stock - and with the most lovely temperament.

He's not mine or anything - but I know him quite well cos he stands alongside my stallion at Cliveden Stud in Berkshire.

He really is a super stallion. I can give contact details if your friend is interested, or Cliveden has a website - www.clivedenstud.co.uk
smile.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
Funnily enough I mentioned med night mahout to her on msn last night and she is very interested. We are both on the ihdg so she was planning on sending you a pm...

kimky

Visit site
my friend had her mare covered by a affil, eventer stallion called cool runnings , yard name george. he is a tb but a chunky one great bone stucture. Also such a gentle man , unlike some stallions who bite, he is located in misseton lincolnshire and the stallion will come to you, because he is that well behaved. all his ofspring are well tempermented and a all working there way up the eventing scale .

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
The only thing I would say about Med Night Mahout is he is ex of a pony mare therefore you could possibly get a throughback. Otherwise I would agree he could pass on a bit more bone, & he does have a good temperment. You will also need good movement for the dressage, so take that into account.

SillyMare

Visit site
I have a beautiful foal by Weston Justice - he looks as though he is going to have loads of bone.

Only thing would be that he is quite big - Weston Justice isn't particularly big and neither is my mare but baby is a bruiser!

christine48

Visit site
How about Revolution? Don't know much about him except he's TB, has BSJA winnings, eventing points and dressage points. Looks nice in the advert.