Eventa Reins?

Stella

Visit site
I need some new reins and I'm thinking of sending for some Eventa. Anyone use them/can recommend them? etc.

ihatework

Visit site
Are these the ones that at first glance look like regular rubber reins but actually don't have the leather underneath the rubber so are floppy (if that makes sense?!)

If so, a friend introduced me to them and they are fantastic, worth every penny.

Stella

Visit site
I'm not sure. I thought that they weren't rubber, but a sort of grippy leather
confused.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
I use the T de T ones that sound like them ones, they are flexible straight away and not a bit cardboard like the rubber ones at first. Have had them a couple of years and they still look like new.
Would highly recommend.

KatB

Visit site
Prefer the jefferies bio grip reins to the eventa ones, rode in both over the weekend and much prefer the jefferies. The eventa ones dont feel hugely different to rubber reins IMHO, just smoother!

Stella

Visit site
Its the Elevator Eventa ones I have my eye on! Do they feel especially different to other e.g. rubber, reins?

Nosey

Visit site
I have the Eventa ones + despite not using them that much - mainly for competing - found they weren't that grippy after a short while...they went a bit shiny and slippy. Also had the NEW ones again really grippy to start with then the rubber sort of deteriorated again v quickly. Think they've stopped making them now so maybe they proved faulty. Have now gone back to ordinary rubber grip - stubben ones.

Janette

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Its the Elevator Eventa ones I have my eye on! Do they feel especially different to other e.g. rubber, reins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most definately YES
grin.gif
Very flexible in your hand. (I've only fingered them lovingly in the local tackshop though.....
wink.gif
)

I used Eventa reins and found them far better than standard rubber reins. More flexible than your bog standard rubber reins, but they are not as sort as the Jefferies. So I suppose it's what feel you like in your hands at the end of the day.

Lotty

Visit site
I got the T de T reins 2 years ago and the where the reins meet on the inside like a seam they have come away, cost me £60.00 too.

Bought the eventa reins last year and they are nice although prefer the feel of the T de T

Drummer

Visit site
I bought mine almost 2 years ago now and love them sooooo much they are fantastic, I get in a strop now if I ride in other reins and have to run back in and change them. They are great and I use mine for everything except showing of course. I paid £50 for mine but have seen some a bit cheaper so think I will get another set at some point to save on the the changing reins.

You will love them!!!!

BeckyD

Visit site
I love my Sabre Eventa reins, use them every time I ride and they still look as good as new 9 months later. Soft in the hand but very grippy, and not so bulky that I don't want to school in them (I like schooling in fairly thin reins as I prefer the contact you get with them - perhaps wrongly, I don't know). Best reins I've ever used.

OliveOyl

Visit site
I've got some Eventa one's but find them really slippery when wet on a pulling horse XC. So have put them on dressage bridle instead, with normal rubber reins back on jumping bridle.

RachelB

Visit site
I've used the Bio Grip ones once, they were just far too wibbly for my liking! The Eventa ones however I really like. I've only ever hacked my YO's horse with them and he's easy peasy to hack so they haven't had a full trial as such, but I can even accidentally forget my gloves and not end up with red raw hands! They're so velvety and soft and still very grippy. Much nicer than bog-standard rubber IMO.