Eventers Challenge report!

helenandshadow

Visit site
Took Shadow to an eventers challenge at Golden Cross today and did the 2'6''-2'9''. Got there quite early so we watched a few from the class before and then got ready, she felt a bit lazy warming up but she woke up eventually!
wink.gif
Walked the course and I thought it was quite big and twisty.
crazy.gif

We went in and she was fab!
smile.gif
I seem to have forgotten how to showjump and we could have had poles flying but she really helped me out and left them all up. She was great over the xc style fences too, there was house, a bounce, an arrowhead, a related distance round the corner, a black tray under a triple bar - all of which she jumped with no hesitation. She flew the huge solid corner which I was sh*tting myself about and the last was a bright blue water tray under an oxer which she spooked at on the way in but she jumped it fine!!
laugh.gif

So we were clear and although we didn't do any really tight turns we were quite quick and went into the lead! There were only 7 people who didn't get eliminated out of about twice as many starters and in the end we came 2nd!
grin.gif
I hate to sound bitchy but the girl who won arrived late and dragged her expensive sj pony straight into the ring without warming up
crazy.gif
and won by 1 sec. Still I'm pleased with 2nd and thrilled with how my superstar jumped!
grin.gif
Was going to do the 2'9''-3' but decided not to because she'd been great already.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif