Eventing 2 YO - to Purchase

tricksibell85

Visit site
Hi All,

I have been given the green light by the OH to get a 2 year old, with the hope of bringing on to replace my current eventer when he is nearing retirement!

I have been looking at studs, but seem to be getting nowhere :-( can anyone recommend a good stud, preferably in the top half of the country, as we are based in Scotland

Thanks!

doratheexplorer

Visit site
How very exciting!! Good OH.

Firstly I would start by looking at stallions which you like and go from there! Once you have figured out the sort of breeding you want it will be easier to search down studs and breeders who may have soemthing to sell.

Good luck and post photos!

kerilli

Visit site
Fantastic, you should be able to get something lovely. I am kicking myself because a friend was at Malvern sales last week and said a nice Fleetwater Opposition yearling filly was unsold at £200... jeez, I would have taken their hand off to get a filly with similar breeding to my girl, wouldn't have expected her to be as cheap as that! That's just an insult to the breeder. :( :(
So, look about, pick the stallion(s) you want, and go from there. Great time to buy.

Imonone

Visit site
West End Farm Stud near Driffield, E Yorks have a nice yearling filly by a warmblood stallion out of Fleetwater Opposition mare for sale. The mare is on breeding loan from a friend of mine.

Quadro

Visit site
Only thing i would say about sandras horses is that they are not cheap and a friend went up 2 weeks ago with an eventing 2 year old in mind after having a few previously from her and felt that they would not be suitable for eventing much more sj bred although nice horses.
Q

E_Lister

Visit site
West End Farm Stud near Driffield, E Yorks have a nice yearling filly by a warmblood stallion out of Fleetwater Opposition mare for sale. The mare is on breeding loan from a friend of mine.

Which stallion is she by? I am friends with the owner of a couple of stallions she uses at the stud :) (and can vouch for their ability/tempraments!)

Imonone

Visit site
Yes it is Audacity.

I have put my mare to him in the past and the resulting 2 year old has an amazing temperament, despite my Ferro mare being a bit of a Diva.