Eventing and "how to" advice needed

moocow

Visit site
Ho hum.... need some advice or suggestions. I want to event my mare. I am just getting back into riding her since having a baby and I would love to event her. I am talking really basic stuff here (pre nov kinda thing). Just to have something to work towards, a day out, bit of fun etc.

Here's the problem. I can't find any place to get lessons. I have rung eventing ireland and they said they don't have any one on this side of the country. We only moved here at christmas so I don't have any contacts. I have rung a few riding clubs etc and they are really show jumping focused and can't recommend anyone for XC and the dressage. There are no event riders in the area that I can find.

Any idea what I can do or where I can go? Both myslef and my mare need istruction right from the basics.

Shoudl have said, am in the west of Ireland should anyone know of anywhere I can go.

Skhosu

Visit site
What about coming up north for a couple of days and staying at a yard, I'm sure some of us on here could put you in touch with some eventers? would that be an option?

moocow

Visit site
Certainly would be interested in doing that but need to improve more first before I (we) would benefit from it. I really need somewhere that it eventing focused (or at least open-minded) that I would be able to go to on a weekly basis for instruction.