Eventing during the week....

st5050

Visit site
Hello, I potentially have a new job offer that will allow for more riding time yay! but involves a lot of weekend work....I will have two days off during the week....
I want to event regularly but I'm worried about the selection of BE events available to me during the week. I only compete at BE 90 level - also will it be harder (than normal!!) to qualify for badminton grassroots as it's mainly pros competing during the week?
Any thoughts or advice welcome :)

ihatework

Visit site
The good pros aren't eligible for grassroots anyway!
There are plenty of mid week events so it shouldn't hold you back

st5050

Visit site
Ace. Thank you. I am going to look over this years BE calendar and tot them up but just want some real life reassurance before I go for it!
Re; the pros - what I mean is would it be harder in theory to get placed? As you need placings to qualify or does their placing not count in the % qualification - sorry I'm still pretty new to BE...

Eventmum

Visit site
Most Pro would have to ride HC at 90 level. From my experience there are only a small number of events that run 90 classes on weekdays and they may not necesarily be local to you, most are run at the weekend. Where events run say on Friday the classes tend to be at a higher level, presumably as the Pros are able available.

VRIN

Visit site
If you look at the fixture list for this year, although there are no schedules it does tell you the days the event ran - and you can see the classes from the results - which should give you an idea of how many run mid week

Shay

Visit site
It will depend on where you live but in SE there are no BE events mid week. These are very expensive for venues to host anyway and a midweek ODE just reduces the available field to the point where it is unsustainable. You might find the odd unaffiliated ODE mid week in the summer holidays aiming at the kids.

However what you will have better access to is probably training and clinics which tend to be mid week!

st5050

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'd forgotten about HC which makes sense now re; placings...
I'll have every 1 in 4 weekends off so will need to make up the rest of my events mid week. I'm based central - lots around within 2 hours but I do need to go back to the BE calendar and double check all this. It's never easy!

Rosesandhorses

Visit site
Hi, if you are based centrally there is Shelford Manor that usually runs mid week. There also seems to be a few events that start on a Friday with a section or two at 90 level. I'm sure Stafford do (could be wrong) and Norton Disney definitely do. I would also say your chances of grassroots qualification would be better mid week as there will be less people there! Good luck!

Rosesandhorses

Visit site
Oh and also meant to add if you have 1 in 4 weekends off then you will probably only need to do the odd one mid week. More than 2 a month would be quite a lot and makes it hard to work on any improvements :) Good luck!