Eventing europeans - who will be on the team?

Jo_x

Visit site
With 2 weeks to go, who do you think will be on the team? Place your bets!

The squad is:

Laura Collett – Grand Manoeuvre
Dani Evans – Smart Time
William Fox-Pitt – Bay My Hero
Pippa Funnell – Sandman 7
Tom Jackson – Waltham Fiddlers Find
Kitty King – Persimmon
Gemma Tattersall – Arctic Soul
Izzy Taylor – KBIS Briarlands Matilda
Oliver Townend – Fenyas Elegance
Francis Whittington – Easy Target
Nicola Wilson – One Two Many
Holly Woodhead – DHI Lupison

I think William and Nicola for sure, then maybe Izzy Taylor and Kitty King

Piaffe123

Visit site
I would say William Fox Pitt, Nicola Wilson, Pippa Funnell and then not sure... I do like Gemma Tattersall and Izzy Taylor.

How lucky we are to have such strong team members!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Nic WFP then I think perhaps LC and IT .
I am going for the whole event going up on Tuesday staying till the Monday.
Anyone else going .

EventingMum

Visit site
WFP and probably Nicola Wilson for definite then I think it's a hard call Pippa and Oliver have the experience but Francis, Izzy, Kitty and Laura could all be good. I'm not wishing anyone to have a problem but would love the first reserve Wills Oakden to get a run.

I'm really looking forward to it, I think it will have a very different feel this year, OH has just surprised me and booked an extra night for us so we're there Tues - Sun. Anyone else in the Atholl Arms?

blood_magik

Visit site
I think WFP, Pippa, Oliver and maybe Francis.

We're heading up on the Wednesday with the horses and staying til Sunday. I'm looking forwards to it although I'm sure the nerves will kick in when I'm at the gate waiting to go into the ring. ;)

sarahann1

Visit site
Hmm, not sure, WFP for certain, then PF, FW and NW possibly.

I'm heading up on either Tuesday night or Wed morning, and staying until the Sunday. I'm camping, but not sure where yet because I'm going up with a trader.

Stupidly excited about it this year, though a wee bit disappointed there will be hardly any main arena view unless you've bought a grandstand ticket.

Nicnac

Visit site
We are spoilt for choice. WFP of course and NW; then Francis and perhaps Oliver. Izzy would have been I think but not sure her second horse guarantees her team place. Oli and his horse are also a new partnership so maybe either Gemma or Laura?

Glad I'm not Yogi!!

kassieg

Visit site
William, nicola, pippa & izzy i think :) oliver is a possible but i think matilda is more reliable than fenyas elegance (even though i love her!)

teapot

Visit site
William and Nicola for def and then who knows for the other two. Wouldn't be surprised if Heidi W gets a team spot given her dressage score at Aachen!

Fiona

Visit site
Would love to see Ollie and Fenyas Elegance on the team. Her dressage is amazing and he seems to have struck up such a good partnership with her.

WFP and Nicola too...

Fiona

rising_promise

Visit site
WFP and Nicola Wilson almost certainly. I think Gemma will get the call up as Arctic Soul is a XC machine and the Blair terrain will suit him. Would love to see FW in the team- good dressage, reliable SJ, XC can sometimes lack the speed but his performance in Aachan was incredible so fingers crossed. FW deserves it.

Pippa is so experienced so Yogi may go her way but I would think Izzy will get a team place.

hcm88

Visit site
William
Nicola
Gemma

then I'm torn between Pippa and Francis. Easy Target can do a dressage to compete with the Germans but speed XC may not be the best. Tough decision for Yogi!

Nicnac

Visit site
I'm not wishing anyone to have a problem but would love the first reserve Wills Oakden to get a run.

I'm really looking forward to it, I think it will have a very different feel this year, OH has just surprised me and booked an extra night for us so we're there Tues - Sun. Anyone else in the Atholl Arms?

Careful what you wish for! Lovely surprise by OH and now you can see Wills!

Bit strange that the reason given for Tom's removal from team is his horse's fitness. Wonder whether it's a rooky error not to have kept the fitness work up as was on reserve list???

EventingMum

Visit site
Careful what you wish for! Lovely surprise by OH and now you can see Wills!

Bit strange that the reason given for Tom's removal from team is his horse's fitness. Wonder whether it's a rooky error not to have kept the fitness work up as was on reserve list???

I'm delighted for Wills and thought his Facebook post was lovely when he said he's gutted for Tom. I see Wills has now withdrawn Alfi Brown from Burghley, presumably so he can concentrate on Greystone Midnight Melody and Blair.

Nicnac

Visit site

Just realised Tom was entered for Burghley so horse obviously fit therefore above comment nul and void. Hope it's nothing serious for his horse. Can't imagine horses will need to be fitter for Blair than Burghley? Know Blair is undulating but Burghley much tougher XC.

Jo_x

Visit site
Just realised Tom was entered for Burghley so horse obviously fit therefore above comment nul and void. Hope it's nothing serious for his horse. Can't imagine horses will need to be fitter for Blair than Burghley? Know Blair is undulating but Burghley much tougher XC.

I'd imagine he'll withdraw from Burgley, Burghley entries would have had to have been done before it was even announced he was going to Blair?

Goldenstar

Visit site
Anybody going? I might go but will decide nearer the time, not if its wet (not that it bothers me but 3yo boys don't seem to enjoy that!).

Yes going up on Tuesday unfortunately we will have to come back on Sunday morning .
Just about to do a mega clean of the wee truck .

Lexi_

Visit site
Admittedly this is Twitter rumour (but from Andrew Baldock who's an equestrian journo) - he's saying he's hearing the team will be WFP, Nicola Wilson, Kitty King and one other, with Kitty as pathfinder.

EventingMum

Visit site
Yes going up on Tuesday unfortunately we will have to come back on Sunday morning .
Just about to do a mega clean of the wee truck .

Son had ours all cleaned and ready to pack as he's supposed to be heading up tomorrow when he discovered an air leak so there were frantic phone calls to our friendly mechanic who will hopefully be down tomorrow morning at 6am, not a good start to his "holiday"!