Eventing europeans - who will be on the team?

EventingMum

Visit site
Report from my son who arrived this afternoon, the show ground looked great, the sun was shining and it was warm enough for him to change into shorts so long may it continue! The only team there so far is the Swiss team.

teapot

Visit site
Team is WFP, Pippa, Kitty and Nicola!

Absolutely gutted for Dani Evans, Sarah Bullimore has taken her place (Tina Cook's De Nevo News is in horsepital, the other two reserves ran at Burghley)

Last edited:

Lexi_

Visit site
Admittedly this is Twitter rumour (but from Andrew Baldock who's an equestrian journo) - he's saying he's hearing the team will be WFP, Nicola Wilson, Kitty King and one other, with Kitty as pathfinder.

He was right then!

Must admit I'm a teensy bit surprised to see Pippa as the other team choice but then I don't know a lot about her horse.

khalswitz

Visit site
Just home from Blair today - couldn't stay for the last day as working. All I can say is wow. Standard was so high - GB riders did fab, and Germany just incredible. Michael Jung on for another title I think.

However I have a horrid cold. Anyone watching the XC today on the BBC may have noticed that it was torrential... I was out there from 8am to 4pm with no waterproof trousers. Big error.

What a course though - well done Ian stark (who gave me a cheeky wink web doing last fence checks this morning) for creating a tough course that really was a challenge but continued to ride well even under awful conditions (unlike last year's badminton pile up). Sorry the the (many) eliminated riders that we saw and the many we only saw listed on the scoreboards. Best of luck to all for tomorrow and for better weather!!!