Eventing question - number of horses per rider in section

BigBuck's

Visit site
What is the maximum number of horses that one rider can compete on in any given section of an ODE or 3DE? For Badminton and Burghley it appears to be two, but I think I've seen results from lower levels where one rider has had more than two in the same section. Or does anyone know where I can find out? I've looked on the BE site but struggling to find my way round it since they updated it.

be positive

Visit site
At normal ODE's I don't think riders are limited to entries other than by what they can realistically ride in a day, they can have numerous entries in one class and that may mean several in one section to fit in with the times, Badminton/ Burghley and other big events will have limits for various reasons that do not apply to most BE events.

AnShanDan

Visit site
I think this is a question for a BE entries secretary, but I would guess that normally the sec. would try to put one rider with multiple horses into as many sections as they could. So, for example if there were 3 Novice sections and one rider had 4 Novice horses to run, they'd be put into all 3 sections. So, if you had 3 horses but there was only one section of the class you wanted to enter (say ON, OI or PT for example) then you'd just have to run all 3 in the same section. Not easy to give that person suitable times, although normally such special sections often run over the same XC as others so may well be possible to fit in like that.

Gamebird

Visit site
BE rules are 5 horses per rider per day of event, regardless of section. So a rider could ride 10 at a BE event that was running on the Sat/Sun. The entries secretary will fit them into whichever section enables them to make the times work out most easily. If, for example, they want to run 4 OI horses and there's only one section of OI, then they will all be in the same section. FEI doesn't actually limit number of rides to 2 - some years you will see people ride 3 at Burghley or Rolex (people don't often have more 5* horses than that available to ride!). However Badminton has their own entry requirements which limit riders to 2 horses.